Whats with the microphone?

corefinder

Joined Oct 6, 2011
Hi
I was thinking of making a clapping circuit. But I am confused how microphone works. The one which I have is small drum like. I tried to get some voltages through multimeter but it did not give any good voltages. I dont know if voltages coming in multimeter are from microphone. I want to know how to check microphone and what kind of microphone should I be looking for in market and what are the voltages you might get from that microphone?

corefinder

Joined Oct 6, 2011
Can you provide any good stuff to read from about microphones. I want one for the clapping circuit. can you specify which type of microphone could be used with that.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Hi
I was thinking of making a clapping circuit. But I am confused how microphone works. The one which I have is small drum like. I tried to get some voltages through multimeter but it did not give any good voltages. I dont know if voltages coming in multimeter are from microphone. I want to know how to check microphone and what kind of microphone should I be looking for in market and what are the voltages you might get from that microphone?
Can you post some clear photos of it, front, back?
If it's a condensor mic, it will work fine, but it needs a proper voltage supply and preamp circuit.