What's up with this new Clear internet?

nanobyte

Joined May 26, 2004
Has anybody here tried the new Clear internet out there? If so, how is it in terms of quality, speed, signal strength, etc. and how does it compare to other internet service providers?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Can you provide links or more information?

Are you thinking of Internet 2 for academic institutions?

Last edited:

nanobyte

Joined May 26, 2004
No, I'm referring to the new wireless internet provider. Go to www.clear.com. I'm curious about them and want some feedback from somebody who has tried them out or is currently using them. If I can't get that I'm willing to settle for some comments and/or wise advise from some of the people here who I know from some of the post I've seen since I've been a member are a whole lot smarter then me.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Other than what they say about it, never heard about it. Wonder if it is related to the city wide internets I've been hearing about.

If so I have grave reservations about the system, only from a security standpoint. The signal is out there with encryptions , and it would not be a good idea to do financial business and hope the encryptions are enough. For general stuff, like here, I would love it.

Systems like it are becoming more common though, I was looking at a T-Moble offering where the USB interface was $150, and then you pay per time or MB.