What's the relation between PINS OF these two LCD

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Hi,
I have two TFT lcds and gonna to wiring and test, I have circuit as attached for the red, how can wire the blue one?
Thanks
Adam

post.PNG

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I believe the connnections would be as below, but note that software which works with one may not work for the other.
BLK = LED
CS = CS
DC = A0
RES = RESET
SDA = SDA
SCL = SCK
VCC = VCC
GND = GND

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
I believe the connnections would be as below, but note that software which works with one may not work for the other.
BLK = LED
CS = CS
DC = A0
RES = RESET
SDA = SDA
SCL = SCK
VCC = VCC
GND = GND
Thank you.
I wired the blue lcd based on the link:
https://robotzero.one/esp32-cam-tft-selfie/
and tested the ESP32 CAM shown on TFT lcd, but nothing shown up, and the lcd is very dark seems no power, why?
Best

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Are you sure the ESP camera is working correctly? There are many things that could be causing your problem. Test it one step at a time. Find an example program that will display something simple on the display. If that works, Test the camera by using it in a different program.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Are you sure the ESP camera is working correctly? There are many things that could be causing your problem. Test it one step at a time. Find an example program that will display something simple on the display. If that works, Test the camera by using it in a different program.
Thanks.
It's true.
The ESP32 CAM is ok on Arduino, but the LCD does show any thing.
The 4 pins LCD used +/-, and SCL/SDA pin only, can I hook just these 4 pins for a 8 pin LCD?
Best

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Then iIt looks as though the backlight LED is not working. Can you measure the voltage between BLK and GND just to make sure it is being powered?
Thanks.
I have two pieces of TFT, 0.96 in² no brightness, and another 1.44 in² works fine at the same wiring, same code, no matter wither the led connected to 3.3v or not.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Are you using the right library and options with the 0.96 displays? The 0.96" displays use the ST7735S controller IC. The 1.44" display uses the ILI9163 controller IC. They also have different resolutions. The 1.44" is 128 x 128 and the 0.96" is 80 x 160. You can not use the same code for them. Did you test the 0.96" displays with the tutorial that I suggested?

Last edited:

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Are you using the right library and options with the 0.96 displays? The 0.96" displays use the ST7735S controller IC. The 1.44" display uses the ILI9163 controller IC. They also have different resolutions. The 1.44" is 128 x 128 and the 0.96" is 80 x 160. You can not use the same code for them. Did you test the 0.96" displays with the tutorial that I suggested?
Thanks.
I've tested the 1.44 TFT, works well with the example "graphicstest" , not working with the other examples.
The 0.96 TFT totally can't use cause of its very dark. And the 1.44 inch just shown a white screen, no picture.

Last edited:

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
The example I suggested is for testing the 0.96" display only. Did you wire it as shown in the tutorial? You can damage the displays if you run the wrong software with them.
Did you measure the voltage between BLK and GND on the small display when you are running the software, as I suggested in post #11 ? Without that information, I can not help you.

Last edited:

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
The example I suggested is for testing the 0.96" display only. Did you wire it as shown in the tutorial? You can damage the displays if you run the wrong software with them.
Did you measure the voltage between BLK and GND on the small display when you are running the software, as I suggested in post #11 ? Without that information, I can not help you.
Thanks.
Actually, I didn't have a chance to test it yet, it never light on since brought in.