Whats the 'H' in H20?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Its a joke people!
Recognizing it as a joke depends on environmental conditioning. Unfortunately, it is entirely believable that such a sign could exist in Cleveland. Around East 140th Street and Euclid in Cleveland is a stoplight with a sign under it that says, "Stop on Red." I have wanted to photograph it, but have not wanted to take the risk of having my camera stolen.

John

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Recognizing it as a joke depends on environmental conditioning. Unfortunately, it is entirely believable that such a sign could exist in Cleveland. Around East 140th Street and Euclid in Cleveland is a stoplight with a sign under it that says, "Stop on Red." I have wanted to photograph it, but have not wanted to take the risk of having my camera stolen.

John
Don't some juristictions in America allow you to turn left on red? This could just be an indication that this is prohibited.

But yes, I've seen signs like that on the back of buses in the UK. You'd have thought it was common knowledge but still many people run the lights.

@Retched: could this be a joke related to the DHMO (dihydrogen monoxide) hoax?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Translating software have the bad habit of pulling your legs sometimes.
Edit: What are they really trying to tell us??

Attachments

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Don't some juristictions in America allow you to turn left on red? This could just be an indication that this is prohibited.
True, at an appropriate intersection where the left turn would be made from the farthest left lane, i.e., curb lane (we normally drive on the right). In other words, from a one-way street onto another one-way street. It is a relatively rare situation and is usually indicated by a sign.

One-way streets were not involved in the part of town where that sign is posted.

John

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
People, DiHydrogen Monoxide is highly addictive! Having been hooked on it if you don't get a regular fix you will DIE. If you get to much you will DIE. Worse, it is everywhere, it is in our streams and rivers. It is in our oceans. It is even in the ice we use to cool our drinks! We must get the EPA and DEA to do something about this pernicious substance immediately, for our own good!

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Agreed. Hydrogen is one of the most flammable elements we have. And mixing it with an oxidizer (such as oxygen) then placing this mixture all over the planet could spell the end-of-man!

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Agreed. Hydrogen is one of the most flammable elements we have. And mixing it with an oxidizer (such as oxygen) then placing this mixture all over the planet could spell the end-of-man!
Not to mention it's a dangerous food additive found in many products and that it can cause severe burns when cold or hot.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
"Excuse me sir, I noticed by your missing hand and burning stub, that you touched the wires! Well, as you can see by the sign, you have two choices! I have a defibrillator and a tourniquet here which is free to use after the $200 fine is paid, or I have rubber gloves and a body bag. If you dont answer, Ill take that as a selection of the latter."

"If you wouldn't have forgotten the $75 fire-fighting-fee, we could have extinguished that hand of yours."

;)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
When I was a kid I saw a literacy billboard that said "If you can't read this message call 1800-XXX-XXXX" My whole family though it was funny. We saw it somewhere near GA,TN, SC.