whats a fair price for "bad" power tool batteries?

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
A fair price for bad batteries is you pay me money to haul them off. Anything more is too much. I wouldn't spend a dime on any scheme I saw in youtube.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
[/RIGHT]407]If the engineers at Boeing can't get it right...

Spend the $75 and buy a new battery save yourself or your house.
I am not at all interested in paying 825 $ for 11 brand new Dewalt battery packs. If i had that much budgeted for this Project, I would just buy LiFePo4 Cells.

NiCad batteries are One of the safer chemistries of battery i could use. Now LiPo, theres a killer. Imagine cruising along at 50mph on your multi-kw ebike, when all the sudden your battery bank turns into a forced air furnace of hell fire between your legs. I would like to minimize the chances of that, which is another reason for using power tool batteries if possible.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Did you see that episode of "Monster Garage" when Jesse James' crew built a battery powered car out of,I think, '65 Olds and about 300 battery packs from Milwaukee?:eek:

They were able to get custom made battery sockets from Milwaukee and all of the batteries were plugged in. The cars purpose was strictly drag racing, and it was fairly fast. You could see the times get higher after about 3-4 runs, then it was recharge time.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Did you see that episode of "Monster Garage" when Jesse James' crew built a battery powered car out of,I think, '65 Olds and about 300 battery packs from Milwaukee?:eek:

They were able to get custom made battery sockets from Milwaukee and all of the batteries were plugged in. The cars purpose was strictly drag racing, and it was fairly fast. You could see the times get higher after about 3-4 runs, then it was recharge time.
Yes I did. Loved that show!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Ha Ha HA Ha. ROFL!
Chill, Bill, we're just raggin' on strantor.
(and it's so much fun!)

Oops...family values site?
Sorry. Forgot.
Where's the, "look ashamed" smiley?:(

There. That better?
(hides face behind hand to conceal spasms of laughter)