What university should I pursue for my graduate studies

Chaotic Breeze

Joined May 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

My name is Abdullah from Saudi Arabia, I graduated last year with a double major degree of Electrical Engineering and Physics with highest honors from KFUPM university. During my study, I was able to perform two research internships at different universities and published one paper. I am now working as electronics engineer or hardware engineer in Unmanned Arial Vehicles (UAV) sector.

I am extremely interested in analog electronics and I want to start my graduate studies before 2022. I am not sure which university should I pursue because there are a lot and I just want to aim for the optimal option that is available for me. Can anyone please help me shorten the list of top universities who teaches analog electronics.

Many thanks in advance,
Abdullah Al Nafisah

Chaotic Breeze

Joined May 3, 2019
I assume you looking elsewhere than Saudi Arabia?
Not a good time to travel/move!!
Max.
Yes, I absolutely want to study abroad. The COVID-19 pandemic is putting a lot of barriers right now, but hopefully it will not exceed 1-2 years at max, that is why I am planning to do it in 2022. However, if I want to be accepted at high ranked university, I think I should be preparing for their requirements from now.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I do have one other suggestion. Download a free copy of LTspice XVII and start learning how to use this simulator to discover the characteristics of various devices by constructing simulations to test their properties. You can repeat these experiments with more complicated circuits as you gain experience. Do this and you will have a leg up on your classmates when you finally do pick a university to attend.

https://www.analog.com/en/design-center/design-tools-and-calculators/ltspice-simulator.html#

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Something I had not considered was that many colleges having closed prior to the end of the spring semester may not reopen in the fall. The may not reopen for one or more years going forward. Maybe they will find a way to offer online graduate degrees, but they might come with an asterisk if there is no hands on lab work.

https://www.insidehighered.com/view...t-planning-now-reopening-fall-it-wont-be-easy

The author does not foresee any kind of rapid return to the education paradigm that was in place back in February. I expect that many colleges with expensive physical plants will be forced into bankruptcy and liquidation after the dissipation of their endowments.

Last edited:

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
I suggest you do some research about what schools are available, determine what schools you'd like to attend, apply to those schools, get accepted to the school, visit the schools to see if your impressions of the school are the same as you thought, decide to go to that school - or not.

Nobody can tell you what school to attend for your graduate studies. Every decent school on the planet has analog electronics taught within their curriculum. With an undergraduate degree, you should have probably already had at least 2 of these courses - if not 3 or 4 - or more.