What type of connector is this?

colinb

Joined Jun 15, 2011
@strantor: Did you measure the contact pitch? Are you certain it is 2.54 mm? I have seen 2 mm and 1.25 mm pitch connectors that look similar to this, but not 2.54 mm.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
It looks like this connector series uses box header. It is not a Molex KK series.
yeah I looked at the molex connectors linked and my connector has more of a taper, where the molex is square

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
@strantor: Did you measure the contact pitch? Are you certain it is 2.54 mm? I have seen 2 mm and 1.25 mm pitch connectors that look similar to this, but not 2.54 mm.
Well, I had a strip of 2.54mm male pin header and I stuck it in the holes; all 12 pins went into the holes. pretty sure

colinb

Joined Jun 15, 2011
OK. You might take a look at FCI, JST, and Hirose, they have some connectors that look a little similar but I scanned through their catalogs and didn't see one that jumped out to me as a match.

Also, the Mouser search engine has great search filters, and is a helpful way to search many vendors at once.

Tealc

Joined Jun 30, 2011
Initially I thought JST XHP-12 but the images seem slightly different and the polarising keying is less aggressive.

Might be from one of the lesser connector manufacturers ie. not Molex, JST