What type of connector is this? And where can I buy more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorOpossum

Joined Apr 19, 2019
Hello,

I am trying to find a shorter connector for my Grass amplifier. The connector is pictured in the attachments. It has seven pins. The other side of the connector is a BNC connector.

Can anyone help and recommend the best place online to buy this? I need a shorter wire.

Thank you,

Prof Op

Attachments

ProfessorOpossum

Joined Apr 19, 2019
@MrChips Good call! I procrastinated on ordering the earlier connectors and it looks like it has worked to my advantage. Yes, those look exactly like the amplifiers we are using. Ordered!

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It’s a DIN connector. See if you can find the correct connector with that info.
It does not look at all like a DIN connector, but it does look like an MS series connector. I suggest looking in the NEWARK catalog. But before that, examine the front face where the pins or sockets are, since there will be a number-letter combination that defines both the pattern and the size. With that additional information you should be able to find mates for whichever you are looking for.
And yes, it could also be an Amphenol 97 series, which mate with the MS connectors but cost less.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Before buying Amphenol 97 series (or any other) connector I would check the dimension of the existing connector against the dimension in the datasheet of any potential purchase.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Even less is these.
Max.

View attachment 175643
The fine threads on the aluminum circular connector are are not at all even slightly compatible with the AMP CPC line, nor are the pin sizes. Besides that, ordering all of the pieces for the Amp circular plastic connectors was the most miserable task that there could be. Possibly they have improved it, but at the time it was BAD NEWS. Plus, the current ratings for those connectors was very optomistic, to use a polite term.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The fine threads on the aluminum circular connector are are not at all even slightly compatible with the AMP CPC line, nor are the pin sizes. .
I was simply offering them as an alternative as the OP requested, NOT a compatible type.
I have had no problem ordering from DigiKey in the past, in fact I have quite a stock of versions now.
Max.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have used the TE Connectivity AMP CPC connectors and they are easy to assemble and install.
This would be ok for a new build. The TS is looking for mating connector to existing equipment.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I have used the TE Connectivity AMP CPC connectors and they are easy to assemble and install.
This would be ok for a new build. The TS is looking for mating connector to existing equipment.
At the time, I found that ordering all of the pieces was a miserable task. And the machine builders had a hard time with the crimp contacts. Perhaps the product and the ordering has been improved, there certainly was room for improvement at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.