what to spend this $5 coupon on

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
so I got this coupon from www.uxcell.com . 1 item can cantain 100 resistor or 5 variables but for 1 item its $5 for ship and $2 for addition items.
Some variable resisters i was looking in to cost $1.12 for 1 and free shipping on ebay.
on the site I can get 5 of these 2k variables for .49 cents and $5 for ship.
so basicly 49 cents.

But im not sure if I want them. I dont have any projects going on and im still a novice at electronics so im not sure what I should get with it.

whats do you think I should get that will be usefull in the future?

if it didnt have an expiration date I wouldnt care and take my time.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I can get 5 of these 2k variables for .49 cents and $5 for ship.
so basicly 49 cents.
Incorrect. If you were reselling these the cost of the 5 items is $7.45. Selling them for less than $1.09 results in you losing money. It is your right to lose as much money as you want ... but ... make no mistake on where your losing money.

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
Damn I could use something like that. money is tight right now I got a couple dollars in my paypal right now. thats going on my christmas list.

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
Incorrect. If you were reselling these the cost of the 5 items is $7.45. Selling them for less than $1.09 results in you losing money. It is your right to lose as much money as you want ... but ... make no mistake on where your losing money.

I can sell them for .49c a pc and still make a profit if I was going to sell them.

5 pack=.49 cents +$5 for ship-$5 coupon code= 49 cents

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
(sales - cost) / sales = percent profit

(.49 - .49 ) / .49 = 0%

I don't see any profit there?

However if the 5 cost a total of 49 cents ...

(.49 - .0818) / .49 = 83 % and it would have a low turnover ratio ... certainly less than 4 per year, and you would be lucky to realize 40 cents every two years on that item. Alot of those items would be too costly to stock due to turnover ratio ... probably why you get them so cheap on ebay. :D

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
(sales - cost) / sales = percent profit

(.49 - .49 ) / .49 = 0%

I don't see any profit there?

However if the 5 cost a total of 49 cents ...

(.49 - .0818) / .49 = 83 % and it would have a low turnover ratio ... certainly less than 4 per year, and you would be lucky to realize 40 cents every two years on that item. Alot of those items would be too costly to stock due to turnover ratio ... probably why you get them so cheap on ebay. :D
yeah but im not selling so its a good deal

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
Well aperently it doesnt discount from the shipping so getting those for 49 cents even isnt going to happen.
If I cant find anything to buy with it soon would any one like this coupon code?

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
I used the coupon code few weeks ago and I just used the same coupon code to purchase another item. it seems like these are reusable til they expire.
shipping is $5 on that site so you can use it to get free ship.
every time i order I get a new coupon I can use over and over.
Any one interested in my next coupon code?