What to do ??????

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I kind of stuck in life because I come up with outside the box idea's all the time and I am not sure what to do with them .... I was playing around for a while with device that would cancel out the effects of gravity I hope and I had drawings of it and how it would work and why but not sure what to do with it...Another one was a new type of body armor that would change the direction of the bullet in order to increase the area that would absorb the load of the round ..I have all this writing down but have no one to talk too that would understand what I am talking about or even how this even works ...... Also I have no engineering degree of any kind or any schooling for this just using my head ....

Thanks
JAy

LOL
Believe or not I get this alot and I just act like it's a joke and laugh it off but in reality it's not and it kind of hurts my feeling in some way ....
You're serious?

Well if you can remove gravity with your magic box then you can create it. Be careful though as we don't want too many black holes. Oh and enjoy your Nobel prize money and fame.

PS it wont work.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
You threw out a lot of info.
If you are serious, why not post details of one specific idea and/or question that you have ?

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
You're serious?

Well if you can remove gravity with your magic box then you can create it. Be careful though as we don't want too many black holes. Oh and enjoy your Nobel prize money and fame.

PS it wont work.
The money and fame would be nice but that's not what I am here for.... Ever since I was kid I could design and working out the electronics ,mechanics ,and hydraulics for a mechwarrior... I design a basic exo skeleton arrangements that would have pots at each joint in order to get the mech to respond to your movements .. My Dream in live in life is to build one of these and have it really work without assistance of any kind..

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Given the recent controversy concerning the US government's activity in (apparently) monitoring all internet traffic no doubt you'll be getting a call from some influential people sooner than later.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Ideas are cheap; results are marketable. You will have to prove your ideas work, and if you don't have the ability to prototype them, you will have to find someone who can, and whom you trust. Not an easy task.

I can guarantee you it wont work and I've not even seen it. Unless of course you're not planning on using it on Earths surface or you need to be in an airplane in free fall like NASA does it.

Study mechatronics, sign up for a College course if need be.

Oh yes, please post the drawings.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
You threw out a lot of info.
If you are serious, why not post details of one specific idea and/or question that you have ?
Post it? I would love to see it.
Given the recent controversy concerning the US government's activity in (apparently) monitoring all internet traffic no doubt you'll be getting a call from some influential people sooner than later.
If your feelings get hurt that easily you should definitely stay out of engineering.....:p
It's not April 1st is it?
Well screw it ... The Idea for the anti gravity device was when I was a kid studying a gyroscope and the way it work ... So I came up with a concept that I would take a big motor power gyroscope and place a smaller motor driven gyro inside ... But the big gyro would have it's counter weight at the horizontally position and the smaller gyro counter weight would be vertical and spinning at high speed ...But it cam to me what if I was to add high power magnets to the count weights in such a way that they would always oppose the earth's gravity and stay like then what would happen????????

Please be easy with me lol ...

Doesn't work and don't feel bad you're not the first person to try it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-gravity
As a bonus they'll give you One Million Euros!

Also I have no engineering degree of any kind or any schooling for this just using my head ....
Sadly this is the battle cry over at the OverUnity forums. Post your picture and I can bet I could tell you what's wrong with it, and as a bonus I'm almost certain someone has posted a similar idea on the internets.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
"Ideas are worth less than a dime a bale in 10-bale lots"
-- Don Lancaster

What matters is that you know precisely what to do with an idea. The first thing you must not do is chase patents. That is the road to perdition.

Welcome back Blue -- it has been a while since you've posted.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I've seen several ideas trying to use gyros to create a reactionless force. The problem is all the forces are circular. I played with it myself to reach that conclusion.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
But it cam to me what if I was to add high power magnets to the count weights in such a way that they would always oppose the earth's gravity and stay like then what would happen????????
Unfortunately the problems with this are that the earth's magnetic field is mainly horizontal (in places that people live) and also incredibly weak. Even if the field was vertical I don't think there is a technology even close to supporting it's weight by repelling against a field that weak.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Well screw it ... The Idea for the anti gravity device was when I was a kid studying a gyroscope and the way it work ... So I came up with a concept that I would take a big motor power gyroscope and place a smaller motor driven gyro inside ... But the big gyro would have it's counter weight at the horizontally position and the smaller gyro counter weight would be vertical and spinning at high speed ...But it cam to me what if I was to add high power magnets to the count weights in such a way that they would always oppose the earth's gravity and stay like then what would happen????????
What would happen? Well, if you dropped it, it would fall -- at right about one gee.

On what basis do you possibly claim that this is going to somehow oppose gravity? Because "it came to you"?

You talk about all these outside-the-box things that you've designed. How many of them have you actually built? How many of those actually did the outside-the-box thing that you expected?

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I've seen several ideas trying to use gyros to create a reactionless force. The problem is all the forces are circular. I played with it myself to reach that conclusion.
The "problem" is that people like to think that gyros are somehow not obeying Newton's laws of motion. That's simply not the case -- they obey all of Newton's laws, including the third law, just the same as anything else. It's simply that the interplay of translational and rotational motion results in behavior that is non-intuitive for most humans.