What side of this capacitor is negative and which is positive? (picture inside)

jpitz31

Joined Oct 24, 2007
When in doubt, look at the data sheet.

There is an image of the cap, with a (-) sign next to the black 1/4 moon mark on the cap.

Thanks

Joe

Voltboy

Joined Jan 10, 2007
Yeah, the datasheet tells it all. Apart of the black line (which is the negative side), you can see in the "outline drawing" which is the negative terminal.

cheddy

Joined Oct 19, 2007
When in doubt, look at the data sheet.

There is an image of the cap, with a (-) sign next to the black 1/4 moon mark on the cap.

Thanks

Joe
He's right the data sheet does say. Also the black line is the negative on every electrolytic capacitor I've ever seen.

sofakng

Joined Oct 30, 2007
You guys are awesome, thanks!

Also, a somewhat unrelated question: is super glue condutive? I just used a bunch of it to hold down a socket for a very simple hobby project, but the glue is connecting a couple of pins together...

jpitz31

Joined Oct 24, 2007
It is not conductive, but I have used it to hold smd devices down while soldering. When heated the supper glue burns off a bit. But some good PCB cleaner will remove it.

Thanks

Joe

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Safety note: Super glue contains cyanide. Not at all healthy to inhale, especially as fumes while burning off a board. I don't have another suggestion about a glue to use, but super glue is a very bad idea.