What should I do to become a master of designing and analysis analogue circuits

matrixofdynamism

Joined Feb 8, 2009
I have Idea of basic things like current voltage e.t.c but don't know how to design analyse big analogue circuits of linear and nonlinear nature. Active and passive circuits. I want to be good at desinging and analysing circuits with current mirrors and other awesome things. Any place where I can get good practice?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Start with learning components by reading datasheets and making circuits. Pick a project and build it with real parts using a plug-in board, or soldering parts together. Learn Ohm's Law and Watts Law like they are your best friends (they are!). Playing wih a few battery powered switches, resistors, LEDs and relays will get you started.

Jaguarjoe

Joined Apr 7, 2010
There are many good books that will help you. Horowitz & Hill, Malvino, and Floyd all are good references and can be purchased used really cheap.
Start small and grow.
Every big circuit can be broken down into a bunch of simpler circuits, "divide and conquer".
If you want to build something big, make a bunch of sub-circuits and put them together.
Have an open mind.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Learn/read about voltage regulators
Build a supply circuit using a 7805 or 7812.
Use it to power a square wave generator using a 555 timer.
Build a larger power supply with variable voltage and a shunt power pass transistor.
Try some current regulation circuits to drive LED's with.
Build a battery charger.

All of these are just for starters and except for a few IC's and the LED's most can be salvaged parts from scrapped electronics. Start out cheap, so you aren't risking loads of money while you learn.

It's good to 'want' to be proficient at the things you mention, but realize you MUST put in the time and effort to learn these things. It won't happen overnight and nobody(here or elsewhere) can give you any words of wisdom that will bypass the years of blood, sweat, and burns(or shocks) required to achieve it. There are no short cuts, just motivation and persistance. If you can't, or won't do the 'bench time', then you'll remain unskilled and miss out on 'awesome'. Remember-no short cuts for tech/troubleshooting training will give you the knowledge/skills it requires. They only come with time and effort.