What search engine do you use? Do any of the "smaller" ones have advantages?

RogueRose

Joined Oct 10, 2014
I have been wondering if there is a search engine out there that does a better job finding whatever is searched for kind of like when I found this little site run from Berkley back in 98-99, when YAhoo, lycos, altavista were big names. Now it seems like Yahoo, Bing, Google, Ask, and Baidu

I've tried the DuckDuckPoo and Doggiepoo but didn't find them to much different and I just wan't used to the formatting so I switched back to my good old, long time standby.

I eally wish Baidu was available in English as I have found A LOT of stuff on that site (it seems they host documents like research papers, journals and patents) but it wasn't possible to get without a membership and I can't read or type Chinese. Has anyone else used Baidu and found that it was decent?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I use Google.

Few months ago I did parallel searches with it and Duck Duck. This last seemed to miss some links. Never tried again.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I have been using Google. Even use it for hacking occasionally. However, I think some places getting smart about it and you would find links that have what you want, but when you actually go there, the content is gone.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
I use DuckDuck for 2+ years now and very pleased with it. My start page is chosen blank.
When looking for maps, I use Google. Have not used nor been to Yahoo , AOL in at least 10 years. Do not know how Bing is. Closed a vomitive Microsoft email account.
-Running Linux since 2005-

Last edited: