What really burns my butt!!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Also never click on any spammer link. Or replay in any way. By doing so. You will send a message back that your mail address is working...

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
Ok that stuff,here are some of them from my mail

This came with an attachment and it was from FBI
Sir/Madam, we have logged your IP-address on more than 40 illegal Websites. Important: Please answer our questions! The list of questions are attached.
Most silly spam I ever got....

Another just came with heading "UK NATIONAL LOTTERY 2011" and with an attachment ,its was a *.doc file as per them its the "WINNING FORM"

Anyway in both case the motive was to execute the *.doc,I didnt did it but I am very much sure that their may be some kind of macro inside ,that they want me to execute with my own hands.

t06afre said:
Also never click on any spammer link. Or replay in any way. By doing so. You will send a message back that your mail address is working...
and also never open an attachment form any unknown source......

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I use Gmail. I get a lot of spam, but Gmail's filter blocks it all. The only disadvantage is in that Gmail's privacy policy is disagreeable with me...

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
I don't like the folks at Google.

Just the other day someone wanted to work with me across Google Talk. I installed it and when I went to use it it said I needed a Google mail account. For Some reason that is separate from the regular Google account. So when I try to sign up for the Google mail, they want either my home phone number or my cell phone number or no go. Apparently sending a verification link to my email account is not good enough for them. Not enough personal information for them to gleam.

Google can kiss my Johnson!

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
Spam can be filtered out, but what spooks me is keylogger and spyware programs that could peer over my shoulder looking for passwords and such. I fret about that stuff even though I subscribe to a reliable anti-virus service.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Just point them at one of the many chat sites. Someone took the time to set this one up for AAC, but it not part of this site in the slightest (just the name only)...

http://xat.com/All_about_circuits

I know of several other forums that have chat sites. I used to know of at least on chat site that was a Linux box sitting at a university. They had to shut it down, we started getting some strange visitors speaking foreign languages.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Spam can be filtered out, but what spooks me is keylogger and spyware programs that could peer over my shoulder looking for passwords and such. I fret about that stuff even though I subscribe to a reliable anti-virus service.
I got one of those from the PEONY hardware one time. I think I found it before any serious damage was done, but still.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
I don't like the folks at Google.

Just the other day someone wanted to work with me across Google Talk. I installed it and when I went to use it it said I needed a Google mail account. For Some reason that is separate from the regular Google account. So when I try to sign up for the Google mail, they want either my home phone number or my cell phone number or no go. Apparently sending a verification link to my email account is not good enough for them. Not enough personal information for them to gleam.

Google can kiss my Johnson!
I uses Google Mail also. Um, I did not put my phone number there. :) You can put it also if you want more security. :)

Um, anyway, GMAIL can track you even though you dont put your phone number there so be aware of doing bad things. :D

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
I don't know when you got yours, but now you have to supply a phone number. I will never have a Gmail account.