What kind of connector for power charging is this? (pic attached)

bmbouter

Joined May 29, 2021
I have a Garmin watch which uses this power connector I'm not familiar with. It has 4 pins and is waterproof. See the attached pictures. The documentation says it's waterproof to withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 meters. I've seen similar connectors on other devices.

What style connector is this? How would I find a SMD style part that I could add to a design that was similar?

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Garmin is infamous for proprietary connectors. My family has owned several Garmin watches and none had a power connector they could share with each other or any other device. I'm not saying this particular connector is unique but that's what I would expect.

bmbouter

Joined May 29, 2021
Thanks for the reply! That makes sense. I'm not interested with the Garmin interoperability as much as the general family of part. I'm wondering where in the LCSC catalog I'd find any part like this.

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
If you still have a paper Digikey or Mouser catalog, might be worth leafing through it. If no paper version, Digikey had an outdated pdf catalog available last time I looked.