What kind of circuit is this???

Nubsparky

Joined Nov 27, 2015
Can someone please tell me what kind of circuit this is supposed to be given the components in the diargram???

Last edited:

Nubsparky

Joined Nov 27, 2015
Ok...finally got it up...I need to know what it is and what it might be used for...I'm guessing it some sort of pushbutton controller circuit with an alarm of some sort???

Nubsparky

Joined Nov 27, 2015
PB one is "alarm latch on". PB2 is "stop alarm" or, "manual reset".[/QUOTE]

I have one more question....its a bit of a word problem..."What is the electrical consumption in KVA of the motor powered by a 3 phase 460V supply and drawing 17A constantly????

Joined Nov 30, 2010
There are no 3 phase motors in your schematic. Please start a new Thread or all you will get is people that do light bulbs and buzzers.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Mike, I'm sorry. I've been trying to get the picture uploaded...having some trouble. Thanks....

View attachment 95450
The files size that you attached were too too big, I was compressed them to the normal size, they are from about 8MB compressed to about 37KB, next time before you upload the files, please compress the photos to 800x600 or 640x480, if necessary then you can compress to 1024x768, almost the photos using 800x600 image is enough.

Too much file size will affecting the connecting speed of members to get into the forums, thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Nubsparky

Joined Nov 27, 2015
The files size that you attached were too too big, I was compressed them to the normal size, they are from about 8MB compressed to about 37KB, next time before you upload the files, please compress the photos to 800x600 or 640x480, if necessary then you can compress to 1024x768, almost the photos using 800x600 image is enough.

Too much file size will affecting the connecting speed of members to get into the forums, thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
I'll be more mindful of that the next time I post pics. Thanks.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
The brown paper circuit use to be commonly referred to as a 3 wire start/stop circuit.

X is the winding of the motor start relay. X1 and X2 are latching contacts on that relay.

PB1 is the stop button. PB2 is the start button.

X1 latches the relay. X2 is auxiliary accessory latch.

L is a lamp indicating control power.

Most simple 3 phase motor control circuits I have seen have the control transformer between 2 line legs.

Most control voltage was 24 and 120 VAC. But there are other methods and voltages.

They use to rate motors in HP. At 480 3 phase, each HP will take about 1.1 amp.

At least that’s what wives tell.