What is your/your kids favorite electronic toy?

4seasons

Joined Jun 22, 2017
Last month, i came across this walkie talkies, bought it and gave one walkie talkie to his neighbor friend. My son was very surprised and thought it's cool, they talked in the walkie talkies and pretend to be soldiers in the battle. He is obsessed with this toy and sleep with it on the neck, i never see him like this before.

I remember the first electronic toy in my childhood was a learning machine, we played the early "SuperMario", it felt amazing at that time.

So what's the electronic toy that impresses you most?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
What is your/your kids favorite electronic toy?
Assuming 'toy' implies a device better lent to amusement than practical application - I'm bound to say my 'giant' polyresonant solid state Tesla coils (≈20MV max output EMF):D As for my 'kid' (whom being none other than @Aleph(0) ) -- I'm guessing her multi-chamber fusor (IECD) chain? What say ye @Aleph(0) ?:cool:

Very best regards and many thanks for a 100% politics-free thread!:cool:
HP:)

Last edited:

4seasons

Joined Jun 22, 2017

4seasons

Joined Jun 22, 2017
Assuming 'toy' implies a device better lent to amusement than practical application - I'm bound to say my 'giant' polyresonant solid state Tesla coils (≈20MV max output EMF):D As for my 'kid' (whom being none other than @Aleph(0) ) -- I'm guessing her multi-chamber fusor (IECD) chain? What say ye @Aleph(0) ?:cool:

Very best regards and many thanks for a 100% politics-free thread!:cool:
Cool! And thanks so much for your very kind comments.:)

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
I'm guessing her multi-chamber fusor (IECD) chain? What say ye @Aleph(0) ?:cool:
HP That's more like work than toy cuz of being possessed by one's passions and all thato_O:rolleyes: So like you know my favorite _toys_ are my restored Sikorsky S-76 RWA but that's not spirit of OP's question cuz they're mechanical instead of electronic and anyhow aircraft are too utilitarian to be called toys even if those are to me:cool:!

So abt all I can think of right now for just toy is to say I had a lot of fun with Google Glass b4 novelty wore off:(:D

lyle42000

Joined Sep 18, 2017
I would say it is the robot dog and the reason is quite obvious too. Majority of us (the kids in particular) do love to have a live pet, a top robot dog in this case, at home. I'm not surprised to know that the popularity of these exciting, lively toys has heightened importantly.

I'd truly appreciate if you could kindly please share your opinion. :)

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
I would say it is the robot dog and the reason is quite obvious too. Majority of us (the kids in particular) do love to have a live pet, a top robot dog in this case, at home. I'm not surprised to know that the popularity of these exciting, lively toys has heightened importantly.

I'd truly appreciate if you could kindly please share your opinion. :)
@lyle42000 So what am I missing? Robot dog is NOT alive:confused:! So it's not dead either cuz dead is past tense of die and to die requires first to live so it's just inanimate unless there're ways to this beyond grasp of my blonde brain;)

PS Being from same hometown as HP I'm totally ok with _there're_:D

Well hey! @GopherT -- Best take care!:eek: -- You'll be aggravating @Aleph(0)'s 'generationally endemic' hypertension via causing her to believe she's misunderstood (oh! No! Not that!)!:p

Sikorsky S-76 RWA
Without desire to endorse crowd-sourced reference materials - here ya go: Sikorsky S-76

Very best regards

ETA -- Re: Aleph's context RWA expands to: Rotary Wing Aircraft -- Do I detect undercurrents of 'brevity hostility' in this age of Text Messaging? - Tisk, tisk!;)

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
As a kid my favorite toy was Legos.

As an adult every machine and tool I have moves in and out and back again in 'Favorite Toy' status depending on what work or hobby I have to do.

If it makes my life easier and puts a smile on my face while using it, whatever it is gets 'favorite toy' status for the day. ;)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Mine was a Tesla for 3-days.

Nice but I wouldn't want to own one unless it was a toy. We regularly hop into the car and drive to Chicago, New Jersey or D.C. Can't do that with a Tesla.

A Tesla was purchased by my company as a market research project. After we all (30 people) had a chance to drive it, it was "examined" to understand materials of construction and fabrication method of each part in the entire car.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
A Tesla was purchased by my company as a market research project. After we all (30 people) had a chance to drive it, it was "examined" to understand materials of construction and fabrication method of each part in the entire car.
To what end? Were they hoping to be a supplier?