What is your sign?

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Another topic for all of us to get to know the AAC community better.

So here I start. My sun sign is Taurus. My moon is in Pisces (but I rather prefer it to be in pieces) and my ascendant is in Virgo (perhaps the reason why I pay so much attention to details).

So, what is yours?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I like LEDs better... :p

Lets be honest, who doesn't read their horiscope for a laugh. Much the same way I read fortune cookie tags.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
My sun sign is Taurus. My moon is in Pisces (but I rather prefer it to be in pieces) and my ascendant is in Virgo (perhaps the reason why I pay so much attention to details).
Wait there. I always thought your sign was just about the time of the year you were born - so what is this "sun sign", "moon sign", and "ascendant" about?

Dave

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
I was born under the sign of "Jamaica General Hospital" -- or so they tell me! I was too busy with other things to notice it! :D

--Rich

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Wait there. I always thought your sign was just about the time of the year you were born - so what is this "sun sign", "moon sign", and "ascendant" about?

Dave
The sun, moon, and each of the planets are assigned different metaphors, just as are the twelve signs. "Ascendant" is the East horizon, and also has a metaphor.

Sun metaphor is your "complete self." Moon metaphor is your emotions. Ascendant metaphor is how you present yourself to others.

So, Cumesoftware's metaphors are a "complete self" with significant psychological momentum, emotionally emotional, and very fastidious and precise in presentation of self to others. An integrated interpretated metaphor might be "still waters run deep, with occasional stormy turbulence deep down."

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Sun sign is your primary sign, the most revelant. Mine is Taurus. Yours is Cancer, as you said.
The sun, moon, and each of the planets are assigned different metaphors, just as are the twelve signs. "Ascendant" is the East horizon, and also has a metaphor.

Sun metaphor is your "complete self." Moon metaphor is your emotions. Ascendant metaphor is how you present yourself to others.

So, Cumesoftware's metaphors are a "complete self" with significant psychological momentum, emotionally emotional, and very fastidious and precise in presentation of self to others. An integrated interpretated metaphor might be "still waters run deep, with occasional stormy turbulence deep down."
Thanks guys. I'm still rather confused as to it all, then again I don't really follow horoscopes. That said, I remember reading a profile of a "typical cancerian" and I must admit I did identify with the profile quite a lot - all except that cancerians like writing stories :confused:

Dave

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I remember reading a profile of a "typical cancerian" and I must admit I did identify with the profile quite a lot - all except that cancerians like writing stories
Looking at the full chart provides additional metaphors, some of which heavily modify the core metaphor. For example, having Mercury in Scorpio might make one less likely to write stories.

It is quite a convoluted oracle, as any decent oracle should be.

Oh, and I'm Libra.

How many Librans does it take to change a ligthbulb? Well, first we have to determine whether the lightbulb actually needs changing...:)

How many Cancerians does it take to change a lightbulb? A Cancerian would worry himself to death with the problem!:)

How many Taurans does it take to change a lightbulb? What? You want a Tauran to get up and move?!?:)