What is this.....?

Potato Pudding

Joined Jun 11, 2010
That is something that could be answered more easily and completely just by looking it up.

Wikipedia first. Then tell us what parts you don't understand.

Better questions get better answers. Doing some research first will either answer your questions or allow you to ask better questions.

Potato Pudding

Joined Jun 11, 2010
The decreased patience you may be noticing has its reasons.

It is just seeming suspiciously like you do not really care about the answers at all and you are just testing us with random questions.

You might do better to focus on one subject for a week at a time at least and work your way up through all these subjects and you will find it all much less confusing.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Now let's not get too hard on him, at 8 years old I was actually building primitive stuff with vacuum tubes but you've got to remember it was far easier back then - about all you had to deal with was tubes, resistors, capacitors, inductors, switches, relays and speakers. Even with only that minimum selection of parts to design with it was still a new learning experience every time getting something to work. Books from the library were my only references and I learned things one step at a time, making many mistakes but learning from every one of them.

Hands on experience can not be replaced by any amount of reading or asking questions.

At 8 I'd suggest asking for one of these for your next birthday, or getting a bunch of friends to go in together with you to buy one.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/ELENCO-EP130-/80-5035

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
I have taken out ups pcb from old ups, i want to know what the use of IC337(variable voltage) and quad. op-amp 5 IC's & one more 8pin(3..) ic. the name i can't tell as it was not clear.
pls, tell the use of them.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I have taken out ups pcb from old ups, i want to know what the use of IC337(variable voltage) and quad. op-amp 5 IC's & one more 8pin(3..) ic. the name i can't tell as it was not clear.
pls, tell the use of them.
Do a google search on the ones you can read the numbers off of.

We cannot 'know' what an IC is, if you don't know the number. With your nose 6 inches from the PCB, you say you cannot tell what it is. How are we going to tell you from 10,000 miles away???

If you know what components other than the unknown is, there is a chance we could narrow down the possible kinds of IC that might be used, but we cannot tell you what it is EXACTLY

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
We have an 8 year old....coool.

I picture my self at tht age with two wires in the main socket, holding them up and wondering what will happen if I touch them.

KIDS..PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS AT ANY COST.