what is this?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Will there ever come a day when you will first type your question into google, and ONLY THEN if you are STILL NOT GETTING IT will you type a question in this forum?
Please, type "what is soldering gun" into google and tell me what is the first link.
You know what google is and how to use it, right?

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
The soldering gun isn't used much today in electronics. It is generally too hot for PCB work. Back in the vacuum tube era it was very handy because it went from cold to hot in a few seconds.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
what is soldering gun?
I have to admit that I am completely guessing, but I think you might be trying to learn a field of study that does not come naturally to you. After more than 5 years and more that 1800 posts, you do not know what a soldering gun is, you don't own an ohm meter, and you couldn't use one if a person gave it to you for free. Maybe you belong on a carpentry site. Maybe your aptitude lies in that area of expertise. I say, give it a try. Spend 5 years on a wood working site, ask 2000 questions, and find out if, by then, you know what a hammer is. Then think: If somebody gave me a nail, would I know what it is supposed to be used for?

If that does not work, you might study cows because they are easy to find in India. If you spend 5 years asking 2000 questions about cows, would you know what a cow is? If the answer turns out to be, "yes" could you think of a purpose for a cow? If the answer is again, "yes", you might have found the field of study in which you could make your best academic achievements.

If these two fields of study simple don't make sense to you, come back here and we can offer some other ideas which might be within your abilities.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I have to admit that I am completely guessing, but I think you might be trying to learn a field of study that does not come naturally to you. After more than 5 years and more that 1800 posts, you do not know what a soldering gun is, you don't own an ohm meter, and you couldn't use one if a person gave it to you for free. Maybe you belong on a carpentry site. Maybe your aptitude lies in that area of expertise. I say, give it a try. Spend 5 years on a wood working site, ask 2000 questions, and find out if, by then, you know what a hammer is. Then think: If somebody gave me a nail, would I know what it is supposed to be used for?

If that does not work, you might study cows because they are easy to find in India. If you spend 5 years asking 2000 questions about cows, would you know what a cow is? If the answer turns out to be, "yes" could you think of a purpose for a cow? If the answer is again, "yes", you might have found the field of study in which you could make your best academic achievements.

If these two fields of study simple don't make sense to you, come back here and we can offer some other ideas which might be within your abilities.
RRITESH is an engineer. He has told us at least a couple of times already.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Wow lookie here there is even a wiki on one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldering_gun

[sarcasm]I am going to have to get me one of those. They are way cool![/sarcasm]

Actually a soldering gun from Radio Shack (but it didn't have that name on it, can't remember how they used to brand their tools). I still have it around here somewhere. It is probably more than 40 years old.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
RRITESH is an engineer. He has told us at least a couple of times already.
Sorry. It seems I miss a lot of information when I put a person on my Ignore List after about 12 posts, then don't check again for 5 years. We might be more helpful if we learned what kind of engineer. A Sanitary Engineer? A choo-choo train engineer? Please RRITESH, tell us where you earned your college degree, which level it is, which field of work is your specialty, and where to find most of your published works.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Please RRITESH, tell us where you earned your college degree, which level it is, which field of work is your specialty, and where to find most of your published works.
Hello,
Here

Last edited:

J_Rod

Joined Nov 4, 2014

That's rich.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Reasonably considered: ---Either you not an engineer -or- you are an engineer feigning ignorance of fundamental mathematics and basic technical proficiency:confused: --- Which is it?;)
Or he's an engineer that went to one of any number of colleges where you can get through without actually learning anything -- there are lot's of them in India (and more than a few in the United States and many other countries).

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Trash collectors have long been referred to as "sanitation engineers" (I've never heard the term "dustmen", is that the same thing). Janitors are called "custodial engineers". But secretaries often demand to be called "administrative professionals", claiming that "secretary" is demeaning. So does that mean that we should call Ash Carter the "Administrative Professional of Defense"?