What is this TI component?

timescope

Joined Dec 14, 2011
It could be an ASIC ,application specific integrated circuit. What application is the board used in and what do the push buttons do ?

Timescope

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I'd guess it's a RF remote control of some sort (315 MHz may be)...

Any printed coils on the flip side of the PCB?

Allen

[edit] Oops! I am typing too slowly.

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The coil ( matsushita / Panasonic) is in the upper right 315Mhz.

The chip is a rolling code security chip to mate with the vehicle and send the appropriate digital signal sequence to the receiver in the vehicle. It is an application-specific chip and you will not likely find a replacement.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It will just be a TI 14 pin microcontroller, probably a 430 series, with application specific code and code protected.

You won't be able to buy one.

jb0x2d1

Joined Apr 5, 2013
I don't know much about this stuff but I know enough to ask this: if I start poking around with my multimeter reading resistance in order to determine which pins go where, do I risk damaging anything (assuming it isn't damaged already)? There is only so much I can see.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I think the point is this is a customized chip and you will not be able to to purchase it.
You may be able to reverse engineer the circuit and find a microcontroller from TI that matches the pinout. But you will still need to program the chip to the right specifications which is no easy task.