What is this connector for Samsung SyncMaster?

saloma

Joined May 29, 2014
Hi!

I got myself into a tricky situation with my Samsung SyncMaster monitor, and I think I need a new connector, that looks like this. But I cannot find the name of it... Can you help me? : ) The serial number on the cable is B12810DL (doesn't match to anything when googling).

My problem is that I somehow spilled red wine (...) inside the touch panel under the monitor and it's not working anymore. I assume it's because the cable/connector was damaged during this messy situation : D

-Sanna

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
+10

The residue left behind by evaporated wine can be enough of a conductor to mess up circuits. Here is how I've resurrected 2 cell phones plus other misc stuff:

Assuming that a part isn't fried, either remove the board or get it positioned such that a liquid running off if it will not drip onto anything important. Then wash the area with rubbing alcohol. It, too, can leave a residue, but not as bad as wine. The best way is to use a small squirt bottle with a thin nozzle, a low pressure version of hosing off a driveway. Wash, let sit for 10 minutes, repeat 4 times.

ak

saloma

Joined May 29, 2014
Thank you for your tips! Sadly this didn't do the trick, neither could the guys at a computer repair store fix it without spending too much of my money. Still trying to figure out how to tackle this problem, turning the screen on without a power button seems unlikely, since the applets found online require the screen to be switched on and running electricity before turning it off and on again.

Then again, a new 27" screen sounds nice too!