What is the role of R1, damping resistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyundai_motor

Joined Apr 19, 2020
ㅋㄹ.jpg
what's the role of R1 ?
I know that L1,C1,C2 are meaning PI filter.
but i don't understand why R1 uses in this power circuit.
thank you for reading.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
It keeps the low pass filter from having a high Q, the intent is probably to keep it from ringing a lot with a step change in load current.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What's the purpose of this circuit? And are you actually going to build it? There are significant safety considerations that should be discussed before you attempt to do so. Also, what is the part just to the left of the bridge rectifier -- I don't recognize your symbol or notations.

hyundai_motor

Joined Apr 19, 2020
What's the purpose of this circuit? And are you actually going to build it? There are significant safety considerations that should be discussed before you attempt to do so. Also, what is the part just to the left of the bridge rectifier -- I don't recognize your symbol or notations.
Input : AC 220V / 60HZ
Fuse 250V/1A, Varistar 10D471, Thermister 5D7 on left of the bridge rectifier.

this power line circuit is just part of smps.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Input : AC 220V / 60HZ
Fuse 250V/1A, Varistar 10D471, Thermister 5D7 on left of the bridge rectifier.

this power line circuit is just part of smps.
I thought it was probably a thermistor, but the 5D7 looked like a 5 followed by a symbol that looked like a plug and cord.

Are you just trying to understand this circuit, or are you going to actually build it (or play around with one that's already built)?

Where did those particular component values from from?

hyundai_motor

Joined Apr 19, 2020
I thought it was probably a thermistor, but the 5D7 looked like a 5 followed by a symbol that looked like a plug and cord.

Are you just trying to understand this circuit, or are you going to actually build it (or play around with one that's already built)?

Where did those particular component values from from?
I just trying to understand the circuit. I just want to know about damping resistor, R1.
How R1 works this circuit. Why does R1 need on circuit?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Direct connection to AC mains without using an isolation transformer is very dangerous.
For this reason this thread is closed to further discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.