What is the right tool to learn after mastering ms office?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
There is no "right" tool. It all depends what tool you need to do whatever task. But if you have mastered MS Office, surely you will have learnt all the tools available?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
If you feel like you've mastered MS Office, you know all you need to know regarding that type of programs. Just keep using them. MS is sure to keep adding new features that you might need to learn.

The problem will be if you have to use another tool suite like LibreOffice. That's a PITA to use after you've been using MS Office.

schmitt trigger

Joined Jul 12, 2010
Since this is an electronics forum, I would suggest any schematic capture + board artwork + simulator suite.
If you can afford it, the one which appears to be most used in the professional environment, would be Altium.

Shafty

Joined Apr 25, 2023
Since this is an electronics forum, I would suggest any schematic capture + board artwork + simulator suite.
If you can afford it, the one which appears to be most used in the professional environment, would be Altium.
Thank You for Your Interest in Altium Designer!
A representative will contact you with more information.

I was expecting a setup file to Download

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The next logical step eould seem
Thank You for Your Interest in Altium Designer!
A representative will contact you with more information.

I was expecting a setup file to Download
Got to cough up the big bucks first!

Kicad is popular here and feee.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I used AUTOCAD on a company provided computer for many years. It is great for producing mechanical drawings and OK for producing electrical circuit drawings if you have the right components figures library. It is even sort of OK for doing electronic drawings and PC artwork. The benefit is that only one learning curve to climb. The downside it is a drawing program not an electronic design program. The other benefit was I did not need to buy it, the company did.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I also used Autocad for many years, now I use one of the free ones out there such as LibreCAD.
For Electronic printed circuit & production, One of the best out there is free KiCad v8.