What is the IC inside the 160-in-one Electronics Project Kit?

electrik890

Joined Jul 22, 2012
The manual wasn't any help. It simply said Integrated Circuit BA-306. A search on this didn't come up with anything relevant.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The manual wasn't any help. It simply said Integrated Circuit BA-306. A search on this didn't come up with anything relevant.

What more did you expect from the manual beyond the part number?

What are you looking for that didn't come up in your search on it?

When I put it in Google I almost immediately found that it was a SIP07 packaged audio amplifier made by RoHM and that there are some available on EBay in the UK.

electrik890

Joined Jul 22, 2012
@WBahn,
I no longer have the kit but I still have the manual. As far as what I expected from the product manual? How about an IC model number... the 200-in-one electronic project kit manual provides that for its ICs. I'd love to know what search term you used.

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The BA-306 is the IC model number, just like 74HC7400 or LM555 would be.

Does the IC (based on what you remember or what you can see in pictures or in the manual) have seven pins all on the same side?

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
That looks like it in the picture, just under the speaker.

ETA: I didn't see the closeup you already posted until now, so I guess you knew where it was.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Yeah, that looks like a SIP, but you can't see how many pins.

The schematic on the board only shows six connections. I was hoping to find a datasheet or something that would give the pinout, but wasn't that lucky. Perhaps there is an unconnected pin or perhaps there is just a pin that is unused in this circuit.

My supposition is that this part is so out of date that it will be hard to find much informaiton on it, although I did find actual parts for sale on E-Bay. My first guess is that any modern small signal transistor will work as a suitable replacement. I don't think there is anything in that circuit that requires close matching.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
And if perhaps it's impossible to order this IC, I'd like to replicate the IC schematic. What NPN transistors do you suggest I use?
You want to duplicate the circuit on another board? Start with 2N3904 or 2N4401 transistors. Or what ever you have on hand.