what is the C and T on a battery?

dingo

Joined Mar 11, 2011
Oh. So do you have any idea on that "C"? My device seems to give me error messages everytime I block this connector.

dingo

Joined Mar 11, 2011
thanks mcgyvr. I tried searching for more information online but there are none.
Do you know how they are connected? and how they are used?

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
T, is likely a circuit inside, and used by the device to sample the temperature of the charging battery, to stop the charge and provide some kind of alarm if things get too hot.

C , is likely the circuit in the device judging the accrued voltage charged to the battery, so it can stop the charging when complete.

+ & - is charger polarity.

Last edited:

dingo

Joined Mar 11, 2011
Hi there PackratKing,

That is some sweet info. The problem I have with my camera right now is that if I block the battery's C then the camera still turns on, but then gives me an error saying that i must use a correct type of battery. After 5 seconds it turns off. Do you know how the C is connecting from the inside of the battery? I don't need any type of charging so I would like to experiment.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Why are you blocking the C terminal?
Your camera is expecting the communications signal on that terminal to give battery information. Probably 1-wire serial data

dingo

Joined Mar 11, 2011
I'm blocking the C terminal because I wanted to see what happens and what it is used for.

Okay so i've open up the battery and there is a little circuit inside it take takes in a NEG and POS into the circuit. The Circuit then have Four Connectors OUT: +, T, -, C. I will post up the Circuit soon.