What is the best tablet laptop to do business payments on and record client information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solargalaxy

Joined Oct 9, 2021
What is the best tablet laptop to do business payments on? Such as PayPal and square. Also with a software for clients to type in information to record and save their information? I’m looking for an affordable tablet laptop brand but yet still good quality. Like under 400 dollars. Thanks so much! Been wanting one for a while,

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Just about any device that can access the internet would work for the first part of your requirement - making Paypal payments etc.
For the second part - saving client information, I would not recommend that you save it anywhere but on a dedicated USB hard drive that only you have access to. That rules out Chromebooks, android and the cloud. Check the Ts&Cs of Macbook too, I have heard of cases where Apple claimed ownership of saved data and deleted it.
For internet financial business, I use an inexpensive ($200 CDN) 11" Windows-10s notebook and a $40.00 external USB hard drive that I only plug in when I need to access client information.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Just about any device that can access the internet would work for the first part of your requirement - making Paypal payments etc.
For the second part - saving client information, I would not recommend that you save it anywhere but on a dedicated USB hard drive that only you have access to. That rules out Chromebooks, android and the cloud. Check the Ts&Cs of Macbook too, I have heard of cases where Apple claimed ownership of saved data and deleted it.
For internet financial business, I use an inexpensive ($200 CDN) 11" Windows-10s notebook and a $40.00 external USB hard drive that I only plug in when I need to access client information.
So when his hard disk fails, his business is dead too? Needs to restart from scratch?
I'd use a cloud service every day and only a cloud service - with a long and secure password.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
So when his hard disk fails, his business is dead too? Needs to restart from scratch?
I'd use a cloud service every day and only a cloud service - with a long and secure password.
But that is still on someone else's hard drive, I do regular backups on CD and have never lost a byte in the last 20 years.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
But that is still on someone else's hard drive, I do regular backups on CD and have never lost a byte in the last 20 years.
I've stored my data on leased cloud services for years and never lost a byte (or a minute of my time). I take a photo on my iphone, I can see it on my laptop on Google's cloud in a few seconds. Oh, it also synchs to the Apple cloud - double backup instantly. The good news, ITS NOT MINE. I don't have to worry about buying CDs, worrying about version control, or worse case, putting a CD into a CD drive that scratches the disc and corrupts the disc. Or my house burning down or settling CDs to a remote location - i let the vendors of the service take care of backups, version control and storing at a location that is different than my primary devices.

I don't need to be convinced, I'm not trying to convince you, I'm just astonished that someone doesn't think the modest monthly fee is a great value.

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
I purchased an Acer Aspire 3 about a year ago for $500. Acer puts out a quality budget machine. I've owned three and they each performed well. I conduct business on it and it performs well for my needs. Definitely get at least 8gb ram and SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.