What is it?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by arthujt, Feb 23, 2012.

  1. arthujt

    Thread Starter New Member

    Aug 26, 2011
    I am working on a power supply for an IGT gaming machine. (made during the mid 90's)On the output of the switched power supply is a square yellow, plastic envelope with two leads, .0625"x 1.5"x 1.5" device with id info as follows: x30v,and under that u600. on another unit, the id is: x30v , then u900.
    It may be a mov? It reads .10 ohm in circuit. Could it be a planer inductor?(made by ferroxcube)
    circuit schematics are unavailable,I am not a factory tech. Any thing?art
  2. #12


    Nov 30, 2010
    The .1 ohm reading tells me it is not connected like a load on the power supply. Or is it? If you do that, it is a short that will stop the power supply from working.

    Could you describe the way it is connected more clearly?
  3. nomurphy

    AAC Fanatic!

    Aug 8, 2005
    It seems to be a resettable fuse, also known as a polyswitch, with a rating of 30V and probably 600mA and 900mA. But, check the Vishay and Littelfuse websites.
  4. arthujt

    Thread Starter New Member

    Aug 26, 2011
    Thanks. I looked it up on digikey. Polyswitch is a brand of te technologies and the 600 and 900 seems to match 30v at 6 & 9 amps respectably,hence the larger size..thanks again,this really saved my butt...