What I do not like in the West what you do not like in the East

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
The problem is that "to win, someone has to lose" ."Greed is good" (some funky explanation following)

This illness has spread. It can't be cured because that would have greedy people actually think about somebody beside themselves...:(

And greedy people are encouraged with power.

Last edited:

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
The problem is that "to win, someone has to lose" ."Greed is good" (some funky explanation following)

This illness has spread. It can't be cured because that would have greedy people actually think about somebody beside themselves...:(

And greedy people are encouraged with power.
Exactly. Once upon a time we needed to work collectively to survive. This is what everyone is forgetting now. Closing eyes on fallen empires that grew too big and greedy for their own good. Only today it is not an individual empire that will collapse... Waiting for the inevitable. Feels like we are stuck in an endless loop that just keeps repeating itself....

p.s. Motanache, despite living in separate houses, people in North America love to sue their neighbours and file complaints, noise complaints, dog complaints, garbage complaints, all sorts complaints. People are the same everywhere. I actually preferred living in apartment blocks as I found people to be friendlier and less entitled than homeowners...

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Exactly. Once upon a time we needed to work collectively to survive. This is what everyone is forgetting now. .
I imagine the cave man is going to hunt.
The more people in the group, the stronger it is in the face of the animal.

The modern man works in research and receives money from the government.
The fewer people in the group more money for him.

I know that fate is now against idea of love.
People prefer to admire the one who has a lot of money even if he has done a lot of hurt for that money.

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
What makes for you usefull a beautiful car or a beautiful woman, if you became psychopathic and you feel nothing of all this?
Your only pleasure has arrived when others look at you and envy you.

But they envy the imaginary person who think you are.

I know it's hard and it seems crazy, but we have to find a solution.

Edit: I told someone in the French research to hire me too.
He told me they are already too many in the group.
He did not solve any of the problems he is studying but wrote many articles .......
And it was about solving a modern diseases

Dear Dan,
First of all, I want to apologize for my delay! I accidentally deleted emails and was unable to find your message. I'm really sorry about that but I finally found your message in old backup files.
Thank you for your kind message and your proposition but unfortenately this project is focused mainly on copper and zinc at the SOD level, not Mg. Moreover, I spend now large amount of times working on other projects and I would be difficult for me to study Mg in this area.
One again, my apologies for my delayed answer.
Best regard,
S___________

Interface Physique et Chimie pour le Vivant
C_______________
C______ - Université B_____________

Last edited:

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ted-dying-for-those-who-feel-life-is-complete

If you are a loser, they invite you to die.

It would have to manipulation to convince you it's better so.
And that you have to be proud to live in that country/

Do they need people?
They are the model countries for my country.
We think it's a dream to be like them. Why? They have beautiful cars
Unfortunately, somehow superficial thing are what is important to many... the consumption model has been successful and will cost humanity a great deal as each pursues happiness where none is to be found. Something about greed and envy that I do not understand, why are they so strong and where did they come from?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Unfortunately, somehow superficial thing are what is important to many... the consumption model has been successful and will cost humanity a great deal as each pursues happiness where none is to be found. Something about greed and envy that I do not understand, why are they so strong and where did they come from?
Unfortunately they came from society allowing certain people to have more criminal rights than others while turning a blind eye to the overall cumulative and outright criminal activity by saying it's okay to steal a little from a lot of people.

I rob you and take $10,00o of your money and I am a bad guy and I go to jail for it but if I only steal $2 from you and do the same to a million others I am a multimillionaire and nobody cares beyond wanting to know how they can do the same since each only sees it as $2 if inconsequential theft.

Low personal morality and ethics along with a overly lenient society driven by a utter lack of proper education in respect, dignity and overall social concern for ones self and those around them is what makes it work .

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I do not think it's greed.

Greed means you want to eat more.
Do not eat a fried chicken or a pizza but 10 fried chicken and 10 pizza.
You can eat until you can not eat.
Have a big house or two or three.........

Make a collection of new and expensive cars......

But when you take the poor's eat, though you can never eat it, that's not greed.
When you want such a great wealth that you can not use all your life is not greed.

Is fear. Is a game of control.
- It is considered in silent that if you have money you can control other people.
Control means doing harm.
- but at the same time you are afraid to be controlled by one with more money than you.

E.g.:

What is need for this man 100 ot 90 Rolls-Royce?
It's difficult to drive so many (100)
But his great pleasure is when he controls people.
A co-worker's tell me to read OSHO.
He has many fans even today.

Last edited:

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
For example, the dog is a greedy animal. It's eating very fast.
If it is stronger it can take other dogs' food.
Or it can protect and defend an area where it lives being its source of food. E.g. trash for the stray dog.
But it does not want more than that.
It does not defend a land with food it can not eat.

Do not attack preventively other dogs that entered its land and are friendly.

That's what you can tell about any man. You leaves him poorly preventively on the reason that he with his money can think to make you hurt.

Last edited:

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
When you can buy pretty much anything material which is dead what's left is how many living/livestock can you buy and make them bow to your will would be my guess based on observation and experience. (The worst kind of S/M) There are exceptions but I know none of them personally so I can't say. Many of the people that really have the power and resources seems to just want to plow the planet because they can.

They will be dead anyways when it will hit us hard so why should they care? And I don't have the power to make them care... :/

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I do not think it's greed.

Greed means you want to eat more.
Do not eat a fried chicken or a pizza but 10 fried chicken and 10 pizza.
You can eat until you can not eat.
Have a big house or two or three.........

Make a collection of new and expensive cars......

But when you take the poor's eat, though you can never eat it, that's not greed.
When you want such a great wealth that you can not use all your life is not greed.

Is fear. Is a game of control.
- It is considered in silent that if you have money you can control other people.
Control means doing harm.
- but at the same time you are afraid to be controlled by one with more money than you.

E.g.:

What is need for this man 100 ot 90 Rolls-Royce?
It's difficult to drive so many (100)
A co-worker's tell me to read OSHO.
He has many fans even today.
Some people collect things, including cars. Some people seem to resent the wealth of other people. Some people worked very hard to achieve their wealth while some were born into money. So why should I resent the person who owns all of those cars? Certainly sounds like you resent the wealth of others. You know for a fact this person likes to control others or is it just hearsay? I seldom placed much stock in what a co-worker told me as I prefer to make my own decisions based on my own observations. I also never resented those who worked hard for their wealth.

Ron

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Some people collect things, including cars. Some people seem to resent the wealth of other people. Some people worked very hard to achieve their wealth while some were born into money. So why should I resent the person who owns all of those cars? Certainly sounds like you resent the wealth of others. You know for a fact this person likes to control others or is it just hearsay? I seldom placed much stock in what a co-worker told me as I prefer to make my own decisions based on my own observations. I also never resented those who worked hard for their wealth.

Ron
that is not what this discussion is about... if you are wondering, there is a very good movie called "Amal", last few posts made me remember it. It is about caring for others.

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I also never resented those who worked hard for their wealth.
Ron
The right of the person stops where the right of others begins.
At present someone does not let me use my property hoping to sell it much cheaper.
What feelings to have to love them?

They think that if they are smarter than me, they have the right to take what is mine.

The land is blocked by some sophisticated actions and acts, which the court says does not understand.
I've searched on internet:
in Romania there are 1 million pending trials related disputes on lands.
Owners wait for 10 years and are not solved. Immediately they sell the legal rights on lands, there the process is won in 2-3 days.

I searched the Internet and I found one of the great investors in Romanian lands is a great university in the US.

Edit:
In total Romania has sold 40% of its agricultural land to foreigners at 12 billion Euros
While the state debt of Romania is 90 bilion Euros.

At December 1989 revolution Romania had a state debt 0

Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
that is not what this discussion is about... if you are wondering, there is a very good movie called "Amal", last few posts made me remember it. It is about caring for others.

This is the thread title:

Now you are telling me the the main topic is about caring for others? How would that relate to owning 100 cars as pictured and what I commented on? What am I missing in all of this?

Ron

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
So why should I resent the person who owns all of those cars? Certainly sounds like you resent the wealth of others. You know for a fact this person likes to control others or is it just hearsay? I seldom placed much stock in what a co-worker told me as I prefer to make my own decisions based on my own observations. I also never resented those who worked hard for their wealth.

Ron
I grew up relatively poor and envy or resent was out of my price range as a child without a steady income.;)

However being envious of what other people had is what drives people to become rich even when they fail again and again(often taking hard working people with them:(). I've never showed the least amount of effort to become one those people.:rolleyes:

So to the rich guy that said "you're just envious" Proof me trying to be like you(I had to censor myself twice so this is what you get. Not much teeth but hey! there are kids lurking about):rolleyes:

Last edited:

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
This is the thread title:

Now you are telling me the the main topic is about caring for others? How would that relate to owning 100 cars as pictured and what I commented on? What am I missing in all of this?

Ron
Although I have lived in Canada for last 20 years, I was born and raised in Russia and I perhaps understand the OP and what he is talking about on a different level compared to most here. The corruption and how the money was obtained in former eatstern block countries is not something that is spoken about in the west openly for quite obvious reasons... Since he is in Romania, I would share his frustration, as I do with my russian relatives. I hope this explains it a little bit. If I am wrong in my assumption Motanache can correct them.

Edit: in general, success today is tied to monetary gains. This is why I linked the movie. If you haven't seen it or do not want to watch it, you will not understand.

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I grew up relatively poor and envy or resent was out of my price range as a child without a steady income.;)

However being envious of what other people had is what drives people to become rich even when they fail again and again(often taking hard working people with them:(). I've never showed the least amount of effort to become one those people.:rolleyes:

So to the rich guy that said "you're just envious" Proof me trying to be like you(I had to censor myself twice so this is what you get. Not much teeth but hey! there are kids lurking about):rolleyes:
Similar experience here. However I looked at what aspects of their lifestyle I wanted and pursued them to the best of my lazy abilities. Having money just for the sake of saying I have more than whomever else did not and never has appealed to me as a primary motivator. It's a semi-convenient means to an end in my views and that's it.

What did appeal to me was having a lifestyle that is largely self sufficient and free, but not anchored in any major financial ground points. To be that way I have put most of my efforts into building up my physical assets and resources and the knowledge base to be able to use and maintain them the most efficient way possible.

For example, some years ago a associate of mine was trying to set himself up as a private general contractor but his view was that he had to have the newest and best of everything to do it, that way he could self justify charging more than most.
The problem was to own every machine and tool I own that could do the work I can he would have had to spend around $500K just to get going, placing a huge financial burden on his head from day one.

He got about halfway before he got wiped out simply because his income, even at the higher end of the scale hourly rate scale, proved to be too insufficient and unreliable to carry the load.
I on the other hand could do every job he could do, and more, being all of my equipment and primary high value stuff is all older well used, but fixed up and mechanically sound, stuff that costs me pennies on the dollar to acquire, own outright and operate compared to what he wanted in brand new machinery.

Sure I don't own a $45K mini excavator and a $35K skid steer to dig holes and fill them in but I own a old customized backhoe tractor that does both jobs and more just as well for less than 1/20 the price.
Sure he could charge $150 an hour to do work, if someone was willing to pay that much (most weren't, obviously) but a good $100 of it went right to the bank and $40 more went into the machines netting him at best $10 an hour in his pocket which eventually sunk him.

Whereas with my old machines that are long since paid for and cheap to run I could do the same jobs for $50 an hour and put $20 in the machines and the other $30 in my pocket plus given I charge some of the lowest rates around I could get all the work I wanted, if I cared to do it, which I largely didn't and still don't since I don't need the money or the hassles that go with getting it.

Sure it would be nice to be financially well off beyond all rational want or need, but I really don't have an extreme desire or want for it nor any idea what exactly I would do if I had that sort of money beyond just sit on my butt and never do anything any more for good or bad.

In fact when I had a oil field job that paid close to 10x what my top cost of living expenditures were and it was nice having the money but I really don't miss it or do any major life changing thing with it either. Now looking back I can say I definitely miss the job experiences more than the money.

Last edited: