what does e.m.f. stand for???

redacejr

Joined Apr 22, 2008
i know it has to do with electro magnets and motors and dynamos but i dunno wt it means... i thought it was electro motive force but apparently im wrong
:(

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
i know it has to do with electro magnets and motors and dynamos but i dunno wt it means... i thought it was electro motive force but apparently im wrong
:(
No you are right EMF means electromotive force:) Its the same as voltage but emf is usually used for batteries and voltage is used to describe the voltage drop on resistors or whatever.

Renton

Joined Apr 21, 2008
No you are right EMF means electromotive force:) Its the same as voltage but emf is usually used for batteries and voltage is used to describe the voltage drop on resistors or whatever.
So is it wrong when people use it for electrmagnetic force? I constantly see people use it that way. Is it just a matter of opinion or something? :confused:

redacejr

Joined Apr 22, 2008
yay so it is good. tnks and you casn close this thread