What do you think about spiders?

Your opinion about spiders

• Total voters

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I like them. The really big hairy ones freak me out a bit but the smaller ones are just fine with me.

If I find one in the house, I try to capture it as gently as possible and let it outside.

What I had is stink bugs. Just had to toss one into my toilet that was crawling on my keyboard. We have had worse years for them but this year is pretty bad too.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I have one bag with old bread slices, it attracted storage beetles actually.
Recently I had to clean out a whole cupboard of old packages. Everything was infested- they even eat rice corns, and potato flakes.

The spiders like it too- there are about 30 of them inside the kitchen cupboards.

After I cleaned out the old packages, beetles declined to maybe 1/3. The large bag is still there.

The spiders also pile up the discarded beetles in small heaps.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I have one bag with old bread slices, it attracted storage beetles actually.
Recently I had to clean out a whole cupboard of old packages. Everything was infested- they even eat rice corns, and potato flakes.

The spiders like it too- there are about 30 of them inside the kitchen cupboards.

After I cleaned out the old packages, beetles declined to maybe 1/3. The large bag is still there.

The spiders also pile up the discarded beetles in small heaps.
I think it is time to clean your house! :eek:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I think it is time to clean your house! :eek:
They seem to like especially the hot water kettle- at times 50 or more small beetles. Of course drowned! The number just emerging from the bag is not that many.

They also explore quite long distances. Basically I had them crawl around everywhere. So I cleared out most of their food sources already.

Blofeld

Joined Feb 21, 2010
I like spiders. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The thought that a mosquito might bite me after it has sucked the blood from another person is very scary. Once when I smashed a mosquito I simply couldn't believe how much blood there was, must have sucked on somebody for an hour. I don't know exactly what kind of diseases they transmit but it's scary. So when I see a big fat spider sitting in his web I'm always thankfull that he has killed so many mosquitos before they could get me.