What do you call this type of pot, with a hole in the middle?

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Can anyone tell me the name of this style of pot? It's a pair of pots, 5k single turn with a hole in the middle so a shaft can turn them both in tandem (these are gain pots on an audio amplifier). There are so many pots on digikey, I'm looking for search terms to narrow my search. :)

pot1.JPG
pot2.JPG

Denesius

Joined Feb 5, 2014
I found similar pots on mouser.com by using the search term MULTI-GANG POT, and then narrowing it down by mount (PC). They're not identical, but should match up at the mounting tabs. I cannot tell if the shafts are removable, however. You'd have to look up the data sheets for each style individually.

Veracohr

Joined Jan 3, 2011
It's just one type of dual-ganged pot. Looks to me like the manufacturer found it easier/cheaper to stack two of their single pot sections and stick a single shaft down the middle. Other types put the two pot sections in one housing and have all the pins in a single row.

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
In case you cant find them. May be they can be substituted with PIHER trim pots..
This was actually super helpful, thanks for taking the time to post it! I got some partial part numbers from your pdf, searched mouser and ended up in the online mouser catalog, which is much better for this type of search. From there I think I found an equivalent part in their catalog, part number PT10MH01-502A2020-PM in the "d" category, lets see if I can link the exact page:

http://www.mouser.com/catalogviewer...31-PTC10H-5K&catalogculture=en-US&catalog=648

I'll order a few and give it a shot. Thanks again!