1. We will be in Read Only mode (no new threads, replies, registration) for several hours as we migrate the forums to upgraded software.

what do I need to do

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by rward, Jul 25, 2009.

  1. rward

    Thread Starter New Member

    Jul 25, 2009
    I need to get power to a printing press that is designed to run on 480 3 phase power. The problem is the power at the shop is 208 3 phase. What do I need to do. The machine is a printing press and says total power requirement is 40 amps at 480 volts.
  2. Wendy


    Mar 24, 2008
    This sounds like a job for your electrical provider. What have they told you? You aren't going to pull almost 2KW without their help in any case.

    You are also going to HAVE to get a trained electrician. Electricity at this power level can literally explode (no kidding, blast, fire, the works) if not handled correctly.

    edit: did I say 2KW, I meant 20KW (40A X 480V)!
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009