What diode is this ?

depropex

Joined Jul 28, 2013
Hi guys. Im fixing some lcd tv i got. this little one seems to be cause of short. But the problem is, i dont know what kind of diode it is. There is something prited - "NU 7.J" i guess its type of it. But google and online datasheets didnt help me at all, so if someone would recognize at least the logo of maker, it would help a lot, to have some hook to catch. There are photos, thanks in advance, especially if someone is gonna tell me exactly the type :)

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It appears to be a high current rated, due to the dia of the leads.
The dia of leads in a rectifier of this nature act as the heat sink.
The maker appears to be Teccor, they also make many surge suppressors of a semi nature.
Max.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi, thx , it seems to be teccor, but this diode is a lot smaller than it appears. its body dia is only 2mm and leads 0,7mm or so. but thx anyway, helped a lot
Its almost certain to be at least a fast type, look on the board for one the same, if it has Vf less than about 0.3V and some measurable leakage - its a Shottky-barrier type. Usually no more than 60V reverse, but 90V or higher are becoming increasingly common.

If its just a fast silicon rectifier, you could try a UF4007 or a UF5408 whichever is nearest the same size.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
It may be a TVS (transient voltage suppressor) by teccor. Littlefuse bought them.

http://www.littelfuse.com/products/tvs-diodes.aspx
In the 90's a lot of CRT CTVs had a mysterious zener across the HT rail, about 130V and clearly intended to fail S/C under excessive HT voltage.

Never did track down a datasheet for those, usually I'd build a simple SCR crowbar with an off the shelf zener, By the time my PSU repairs failed again the customer had forgotten where they took it to, but my modification was quite good at preventing the protection device sacrificing itself to save the fuse.