What country are you from? (born in, lived in, etc)

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
I actually looked and could not find a thread like this already in existence. So please refrain from throwing heavy objects at my person.

I am originally from Ukraine myself. Was born in the capital Kiev. Have moved to the USA when I was 10.

I noticed that many people here are from different countries, although most seem to be from the USA. Its interesting to know where people are from.

So where are you from eh?

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The United States. Born in the middle in Oklahoma, lived on both coasts in Florida and Califirnia, but now back to sanity in the Midwest in Missouri.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Air Force Brat. Born in Oklahoma, Clovis New Mexico, Lakenheath AFB England, Luke AFB Pheonix Arizona, Larado AFB Larado Texas, and Dad retired in Hartshorne Oklahoma. I wound up in the Dallas area because that is where jobs are.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
I was born right in the middle of Silicon Valley, back when it was Vacuum Tube Valley. :D Lived on Mercer Island, near Seattle in 6th grade, then back down to California again. Moved to L.A. in the middle of High School. After a couple of years of college, I came to Alaska (1976) and lived here ever since!

Eric

Jake1234

Joined Oct 14, 2007
I currently live in New Mexico right now because I'm interning for a national lab. However, I was born in Flint, Michigan. However, thanks to GM, I have to find work out of state :(

I am from Akron, Ohio. My family spent 3 years in Stipshausen, Germany when my dad was in the air force, close to Hahn Air Force Base. Went to college in Pittsburgh, PA, and after a couple of decades here I am looking for return to Akron.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
@StayatHomeElectronics, We are practically neighbors. I am in Parma Heights -- lived in Pittsburgh too, for awhile. Oh, I guess I should say I was born in Boise, Idaho and grew up in East LA area. Love the Midwest.

John

@jpanhalt: I noticed in some of your earlier posts that you were from the Cleveland area. I am trying to get back to Akron now to be closer to family. I have a brother right up the road from you in Bay Village. Raising a little Steeler fan has made the desire even more urgent!

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
I am from Akron, Ohio. My family spent 3 years in Stipshausen, Germany when my dad was in the air force, close to Hahn Air Force Base. Went to college in Pittsburgh, PA, and after a couple of decades here I am looking for return to Akron.
Cool I live in Pittsburgh. Attend the University of Pittsburgh Benedum School of Engineering. I gave myself away because I spend soooo much time in that building. Just look for a guy in the halls of the school with a pencil and paper solving equations.

Last edited: