What are these connectors called?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by spinnaker, Jan 20, 2010.

  1. spinnaker

    Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

    Oct 29, 2009
    Wow is Mouser a great company! I ordered the wrong part and called for an RMA, they just credited me and don't want the part back!

    Anyway I have this LCD. It has one of those ribbon connectors off the back. It is the flat stiff plastic type with 16 connectors. It has WEXXIN E230343 on the connector.

    It would be nice to make use of this LCD.

    The connectors are pretty close together and I don't think my soldering skills are good enough to solder that small.

    What kind of connector would I use for this thing? I guess I mean what are they called?
  2. BMorse

    AAC Fanatic!

    Sep 26, 2009
    those type of cables are called "Flat Flex Cables" I see mouser stocks an assortment of cables but no connectors.... and those are hard to solder by hand, but you can flow some solder onto the connector and use some solder wick to remove the excess between the pins, tricky but can be done.......

    found some on Digikey's site though >> http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=478-5458-2-ND