What Are These Called?

Videodrome

Joined Nov 12, 2009
Those little sockets in which the resistors are plugged into? I can't seem to find them anywhere and im starting to think they go by some special name in overlooking.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I've never seen them used that way, but in an IC version they are machine pin sockets.

Looking at these units it looks like they chopped one up and used the pieces.

Videodrome

Joined Nov 12, 2009
thanks folks! i think my local shop carries those little strips and im assuming they can be broken off into singles. im afraid i dont live over the pond but id love to see your link anyway to6afre, thanks!

i have another question which i suppose has a simple enough answer to not warrant an entirely new thread.

does it matter which way diodes are installed in a circuit? i noticed there is a grey band at the end of each black diode i had and it seems i installed it in the opposite direction as it was originally installed in the circuit im trying to replicate

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Diodes are check valves for electronics, so the direction does indeed matter. Generally the cathode is marked with a black band on one end, if this is negative the diode will conduct, positive it won't.