What are the likely frequencies a top-secret in-body implant might use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicefedora

Joined Jun 15, 2020
What are the likely frequencies a top-secret in-body implant might use? To transmit and receive information. Can such implants be made EMP resistant?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Based on the required antenna length, I would guess 350 MHz. to about 1.8 GHz. A Quarter Wave would be about 8 1/2 inches to about 1 1/2 inches. Above those frequencies circuits are difficult to construct, and power, with batteries for suitable power levels. I'm not an expert in such things so maybe some member will have a better guess. I would expect them to use a modulation technique that is not noticeable with an ordinary communications receiver. Something like PSK-31, JT65, FT8, or FT4 or similar. I assume this is for one way data transmission, not voice.

You might want to look at a spectrum chart to see where unspecified government services have their allocations. That should narrow things down considerably. A government service would not want to interfere with another user of allocated spectrum since that would invite the interest of the FCC. They go after folks who engage in malicious interference with a vengeance. Examples abound of 10-year jail sentences and $25,000 fines. Not sure they've ever gone after another agency, but most of the other agencies don't use transmitters, just receivers.

Last edited:

novicefedora

Joined Jun 15, 2020
Based on the required antenna length, I would guess 350 MHz. to about 1.8 GHz. A Quarter Wave would be about 8 1/2 inches to about 1 1/2 inches. Above those frequencies circuits are difficult to construct, and power, with batteries for suitable power levels. I'm not an expert in such things so maybe some member will have a better guess. I would expect them to use a modulation technique that is not noticeable with an ordinary communications receiver. Something like PSK-31, JT65, FT8, or FT4.
Thanks for your educated guess. It is valuable and I appreciate it.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Since this thread starter has had two previous posts on this subject which were closed, why are we getting sucked into another one?

novicefedora

Joined Jun 15, 2020
Please do not respond to threads that are out of bounds. Report them and move on.
Living in a glass house like you are, I'd be careful about throwing stones.
So you still think I'm delusional? And my queries on these subjects has no basis in reality?

Since this thread starter has had two previous posts on this subject which were closed, why are we getting sucked into another one?
You are wrong, there was only one thread about it. Anyway if you don't want to participate, you are free to refrain from posting in my threads about these subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.