What are the disadvantages of Carbon nanotubes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
One disadvantage is very high cost of production.

Depending on specific application, many of the properties of carbon nanotubes could be either an advantage or disadvantage.

CVMichael

Joined Aug 3, 2007
Not long ago I saw on Discovery Channel, where researchers are trying to identify/find carbon nanotubes that were released in the environment.

In other words, we create them, but if we are not careful with them and they are released in the environment, it could be very damaging to animals and the environment in general. We already have countless chemicals and materials that are released and out of control in the environment. At least we can start to be responsible from now on... now that we are aware of how much impact on the environment our creations are.

DarleneEavers

Joined May 5, 2009
Not long ago I saw on Discovery Channel, where researchers are trying to identify/find carbon nanotubes that were released in the environment.

In other words, we create them, but if we are not careful with them and they are released in the environment, it could be very damaging to animals and the environment in general. We already have countless chemicals and materials that are released and out of control in the environment. At least we can start to be responsible from now on... now that we are aware of how much impact on the environment our creations are.
Yeah I think you are right for Not long ago I saw on Discovery Channel, where researchers are trying to identify/find carbon nanotubes that were released in the environment.

But If you want more information about Nanotubes so visit my signature link.

Status
Not open for further replies.