What are the best Forums for MCU Programmer to get more replies and suggestion by many experts?

mack38

Joined Nov 29, 2019
My first question is : Which is the best Forum apart from this forum for questions and doubts on the field of Embedded Systems, I tried StackOverflow but there are very few experts on that forum for this area, I also observe that on this forum (allaboutcircuits.com), generally only 1 or 2 people replies based on their limited experience. its good but not satisfactory when compared to other areas related forum e.g. StackOverflow for coders get very aggressive and very effective code support by very good developers team.

I am looking for a forum with a similar level of aggressive support and suggestion by more expert people in the field of Embedded Systems/MCU Programming, electronics etc...

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
If you keep showing the limitations of this forum you could get the agressive responses that you seem to be looking for. Some members have experience (albeit limited) in branding clubs as well.

This is a suggestion: second hand but in excellent condition: How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie. A classic.

Welcome and success.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I am looking for a forum with a similar level of aggressive support and suggestion by more expert people in the field of Embedded Systems/MCU Programming, electronics etc...
You have 17 posts and have started 7 threads. You have said nothing about your skills or interests.

Thread list:
Need Guidance (not-spoon-feeding) on self-Learning Embedded System to get a Job
Answered

Which Hardware Emulator and Development IDE/Editor is best for Embedded Development?
Do you really think that question has an answer in the absence of you describing what your plans are?

Which is more in demand Programming FPGA or Programming MCU and which brings a high salary?
Go to a job fair or any job interview and make that the first question you ask. That is the best way to get the answer.

What are the type of Business in electronic industry with less money someone can start
I assume you mean less money that Jeff Bezos has.

What are the available MCU Programming Frameworks which does not require bit-wise coding e.g. similar to MRDS-MVPL
Answered

What are the manufacturing business options for a person having Computer Science and Electronic background ?
Just posted

And now for dessert:
What are the best Forums for MCU Programmer to get more replies and suggestion by many experts?
See above. The proof is there. Have you posted that zinger on StackExchange? If that doesn't work, try here. You can get great guidance about starting your business in electronics despite not have any idea of what you want to start.

Last edited:

mack38

Joined Nov 29, 2019
You have 17 posts and have started 7 threads. You have said nothing about your skills or interests.

Thread list:
Answered

Which Hardware Emulator and Development IDE/Editor is best for Embedded Development?
Do you really think that question has an answer in the absence of you describing what your plans are?

Which is more in demand Programming FPGA or Programming MCU and which brings a high salary?
Go to a job fair or any job interview and make that the first question you ask. That is the best way to get the answer.

What are the type of Business in electronic industry with less money someone can start
I assume you mean less money that Jeff Bezos has.

What are the available MCU Programming Frameworks which does not require bit-wise coding e.g. similar to MRDS-MVPL
Answered

What are the manufacturing business options for a person having Computer Science and Electronic background ?
Just posted

And now for dessert:
See above. The proof is there. Have you posted that zinger on StackExchange? If that doesn't work, try here. You can get great guidance about starting your business in electronics despite not have any idea of what you want to start.
I am answering your reply for every comment :
Your comment :- "You have said nothing about your skills or interests."
My reply :- I already shared my profile and interest in my first thread wich is :- "
This is answered satisfactory and thanks for that

Your comment :- Do you really think that question has an answer in the absence of you describing what your plans are?
My reply :- Here my intention was to know views and experiences of different people on what they are using and in a general sense but only one person replied with "STM Atollic TrueStudio " later on I concluded that the answer should be "the manufacturer own IDE and emulator" I am happy to get a reply from that one person opinion but was expecting at least 2 to 5 person (When we compared other area related forums e.g. dpreview the best forum, stackoverflow best for coder as I have used them but for Embedded there are no such which are touching that level)

Your comment :-Go to a job fair or any job interview and make that the first question you ask. That is the best way to get the answer.
My reply :- You think life is very easy and by just going to job fair people will tell me, instead of that they will simply reply me "we came here take interview, not to guide or give an opinion here, they will also tell me to interact with people on forum and discuss with them, by that you will get opinion from different people and their experience and then you will get more visibility. That is what I was doing here, but on this thread, I got "Theoretical sant type answer 'You learn everything and become expert of everything which is impossible we know in our mind and then you will achieve what you are looking for'"

Your comment :-I assume you mean less money that Jeff Bezos has.
My reply :- In this post, I explained in so much detail what I am looking for and only one person replied me which was of no-use and I believe that is the only person who at least replying me (whether the suggestion is of no use, thank to that person for at least replying me) . Here I was expecting at least 5 people to reply me and share their experience what they observe in their life.

Your comment :-Answered
My reply :- This I got answered given by two people of which 'Analog Ground' is satisfactory and appropriate

Your comment :-Just posted

And now for dessert:
My reply :
- As I am using Stakeoverflow for code assistance, dpreview for photography I have seen world-class best support, and suggestion forum in their respective areas but for Embedded area they are not dealing so I search on the internet and find this domain, but now when I am using this I am feeling that they are not as aggressive and not always replied by experts but rather a team of few people expert + newcomers (when compared to other mentioned forum) that is the reason why I raised this question thinking that if any technical guy who is using any other forum will reply me to check the other forum also (I already tried to search on internet good top forum for embedded but can't find so I was asking here). My intention is not to heart someone feeling but to tell the reality which I felt when I am using this forum compared to stakeoverflow and dpreview

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You seem to feel that members of this forum owe you a certain number of replies for your questions of life and the directions you should take. That is not the case, nor would I think very highly* of a person who sought guidance about such important matters on this or any other anonymous forum.

Perhaps you should step back and look at your questions. Then ask yourself, if the tables were turned, would you hire yourself? Perhaps show the same questions to a successful business person in your neighborhood and ask that person.

John

*That is not meant on a personal basis, but rather whether that person can function well, solve problems, and contribute to a team. For example, this statement, "This I got answered given by two people of which 'Analog Ground' is satisfactory and appropriate" is bothersome. Both individuals who responded tried to help. Saying only one was appropriate is not good for developing teamwork.

Last edited:

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
If you're not getting the right answers, then you're not asking the right questions..

I've been an embedded design engineer for best part of 20 years.. I probably know most of the guy's on the forums here, ETO, Microchip and many others... Most of the frequent posters have seen similar to your questions oodles of times...

I'm very comfortable with microchip ( all varieties ) and have developed many retail products... Herein lies the answer... There has to be a product. Once you have this, all your questions become irrelevant as design is specific to that product..

You can't just throw a micro or an FPGA onto a PCB and sell it.. Embedded design is supporting a client with those specific needs.. You need to look at the market. Trouble here is market products are done..

Take an instance.. I need to drive a 12A 24V motor... Do I design a motor driver.. No!! Cheaper and far more effective to buy one in... Once up and running THEN design a bespoke unit for YOUR product..

I know some want to jump in with a salary of 100k+.... Ain't going to happen... "Embedded design ain't like dusting crops boy"

Just my opinion...

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Of course vendor specific forums generally have a rich set of users and advisers.

Freescale, Intel, ST, Cypress, uChip, Renesas come to mind.....

Regards, Dana.