What are the best electronic simulation softwares in commercial and free?

Dong-gyu Jang

Joined Jun 26, 2015
Hello.

I'm looking for simulation tools for electronics to predict behavior of circuit first.

As there are many tools so far, I'm not sure which are good(especially covering a lot of commercial electronics in market as possible.).

It would be also very good if the software has good figure-making and annotation functions thus reader can understand circuit diagram easily.

Could you please recommend me softwares in commercial and free?

Thanks!

Hello.

I'm looking for simulation tools for electronics to predict behavior of circuit first.

As there are many tools so far, I'm not sure which are good(especially covering a lot of commercial electronics in market as possible.).

It would be also very good if the software has good figure-making and annotation functions thus reader can understand circuit diagram easily.

Could you please recommend me softwares in commercial and free?

Thanks!
There's a new free online tool available at www.systemvision.com. It has a browser-based schematic tool and waveform probes, but with an industrial strength simulation engine behind it all in the cloud. You can definitely use it for simple analog circuits, but you can also use it for digital and mixed-signal circuits. You can even use it for control systems (transfer functions) and mechatronic systems.

Here's how it looks. You can try out this circuit, for example, here http://www.systemvision.com/design/current-boost-regulator/preview

systemvisiondotcom.png

Jure Petric

Joined Sep 9, 2015
I'm using LTspice(free). Simple when you use to it. It comes with Linear Tehnology librarys but you can find a lot of others online.
There is as Hypatia's Protege wrote ORCad with Lite version for students (free) (http://www.orcad.com/resources/orcad-downloads#pspice)
, full version has huge number ob library.
Another interesting Simulator is Proteus, which has animated symbols and you can simulate AVR, PIC ARM code with hardware (it's not free).
For simple simulations you can use Matlab's Simulink or free version Scilab with XCos.