What are products that have high demand in recent market ?

daljeet795

Joined Jul 2, 2018
Hello forum

I am from India I like to develop electronics products. I want to make my own product. making and selling your own product is more challenging. market demand is also very important.

I have been searching as per my best level and I saw there is more scope in vision system to sort the items

How to find recent demand in market ? What are products that have high demand in recent market ?

any advice would be appreciated

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Are you looking for a technological niche that can be serviced by a small specialized company, do you want to go into mass manufacturing for high volume commodity products, or somewhere in-between?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
From what I observe, the highest volume consumer electronics item is the smart phone.
While you have zero chance of penetrating that market on your own, you can benefit in the aftermarket sales of related gadgets:

phone cases
screen protectors
finger ring holders
charging cables and accessories
ring tones
ear buds
camera lenses
remote controllers
guitar FX devices
apps
e-payment
online services

The list is endless.

daljeet795

Joined Jul 2, 2018
Are you looking for a technological niche that can be serviced by a small specialized company,
From what I observe, the highest volume consumer electronics item is the smart phone.
The list is endless.
Honestly I am not an expert at making a product but I am on the way of learning. My long time goal is to develop my own product I want to spend time on a project that I can sell later.

I think there is more demand of vision system so I have decided to develop Vision system to sort the product

I am inexperienced in business. How to move forward towards my goal, will it prove beneficial

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Really, you have no chance of competing in a high volume market. Large companies have hundreds of engineers and spend up to a billion dollars developing a new product. You cannot compete with that. What you want to find something with a very small targeted market that is not served by large companies because the volume is too low for them to invest in it. These markets usually involve large amounts of customization and low volume but high prices, even 10s of thousands of dollars.

Bob

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
You will probably do well to team up with somebody who compliments your skills. If you are an excellent engineer, the team up with somebody who is good at sales and promotion, if you are good at sales and promotion, team up with an excellent engineer.

Steve Jobs was a fair engineer but an excellent salesman (among other attributes) and it was Steve Wozniak who gave him something to sell.

Besides, I was not too far into my career before I realized that I did not want to spend 90% of my time worrying about money.

Decide which side you want to be on and the get a compatriot who can deal with the other side of the business. That is, unless you are Thomas Eidson.

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
The real opportunity must be in recycling .... Billions of high tech phones are thrown away annually .... I recently watched a Youtube of someone using the camera module out of a phone , he just soldered it onto a USB plug and it worked perfectly...

Li-ion Batterys !!! there are mountains of these going cheap , the recycling industry just hasn't caught up with the volume being produced from laptops smart phones etc ... many have useful life storing power , as well as recycling for elements.