Weller WES51 just died

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchie29

Joined Nov 28, 2008
I was tryin to remove some components on a PCB and tried with a wick and got myself to turn the iron almost all the way up. Now the green light only blinks when it's around 75 (750o) otherwise the tip stay cold. What could of happened??? The unit is not even a month old.

frenchie29

Joined Nov 28, 2008
I taught it fixed itself I went to put it away so I can return it I pluged it in one last time seemed to work then died out again.

frenchie29

Joined Nov 28, 2008
I did a reset I think it worked but now I'm confused when I turn it on the light doesn't stop blinking until I hit 60 then soon as I go up a bit the light goes solid

Here's what it does 50 no light 60 blinking light 65 solid light

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
If the green light is off, either there is no power or the tip is hotter than the thermostat setting, so the tip is cooling down.

If the green light is on steady, then the tip is heating up, and hasn't reached the set temp yet.

If the green light is flashing, it's at the set temperature and is cycling up and down just a few degrees.

If the red light is on, the temperature is locked in and you have to reset it. See the manual.

frenchie29

Joined Nov 28, 2008
So is that the way it should be??

Here's what it does 50 no light 60 blinking light 65 solid light it's increasing

Shouldn't be
no light then solid then blinking when it's set? I get the opposite

frenchie29

Joined Nov 28, 2008
After a few set and reset it's finally back to normal Just wondering if I should still return it? Obviously something went wrong

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You may not have given it a chance to cool down.
Check to make sure the tip is screwed on properly, and that the handle cord is properly connected to the base.

If you return it and it's working when they get it, you'll wind up being without it for a few weeks, and you'll pay for shipping both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.