Weird yellow Thing on Coil and resistance

minamorcose

Joined Aug 23, 2018
there is weird yellow things on coil and resistant it's hard to remove and it wasn't there it's generated somehow i searched in google but didn't find any clue i hope to know
  • what is this things
  • how to remove it

Thank You

-------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
there is weird yellow things on coil and resistant it's hard to remove and it wasn't there it's generated somehow i searched in google but didn't find any clue i hope to know
  • what is this things
  • how to remove it
Well maybe you never noticed it but my guess is that it was there.

It looks like glue to hold the parts down. Quite a common thing to do.
I see it used on boards all the time. It's glue or adhesive and starts out yellow and with age and heat turns brown. It also becomes brittle. You can remove it with patience and a dental pic but it is sup[posed to be there.

Ron

minamorcose

Joined Aug 23, 2018
When did it show up..as glue would been there from day one. Does the board work.
it's Working it's router but in last month my adsl has a lot's problem the Signal To Noise Ratio very bad
So i was wondering if that substance influence the coil work somehow
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It looks like glue to hold the parts down. Quite a common thing to do.
Its glue to keep the coils from vibrating loose.
Dont try to remove it you can easily damage the board.
Well maybe you never noticed it but my guess is that it was there.

I see it used on boards all the time. It's glue or adhesive and starts out yellow and with age and heat turns brown. It also becomes brittle. You can remove it with patience and a dental pic but it is sup[posed to be there.

Ron
It is staking compound.
Thank You For Your Answers and Concern i appreciate your help i hope to just explain some thing to me

First : if it's glue why isn't any thing on south coil ? >> is that because it's smaller than others ?
Second : why there is this substance on top of south IC ? >> and there some on resistance near north coils
Third: What casuse Would Make Coil Vibrate ?

----------------------------

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
It is just glue. No need to worry about it.
I often use hot melt glue as it is easier. The coils need to be glued as there is quite a chance they would snap off if you were to drop the router. In some industrial control applications, I have seen electrolytic capacitors snap off with vibration. The inductors have more mass so snap off too. Glue is necessary.

Last edited:

minamorcose

Joined Aug 23, 2018
It is just glue. No need to worry about it.
I often use hot melt glue as it is easier. The coils need to be glued as there is quite a chance they would snap off if you were to drop the router. In some industrial control applications, I have seen electrolytic capacitors snap off with vibration. The inductors have more mass so snap off too. Glue is necessary.
Probably because the person applying the stuff had only 2 seconds to put down three globs of staking compound on three different parts. The person missed the last glob and it wasn't caught in the three second inspection period. Stop worrying about it.
When applying glue or staking compounds it's always good to remember it is similar to soldering in that the bigger the blob the better the job. :)

Ron
Ok Thank You For Your Answer I appreciate your help