Weather balloon

simmi

Joined Dec 29, 2009
Hi.
This is my first post :)

Well the Idea is to make a circuit that can measure temperature, humidity, altitude and something to track it ( where it eventually lands ).

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to store the data from the sensors in a memory on the board so it can be retrived later.

Basicly I need a circuit that polls the sensors every 5 secs or so and stores it in the memory.

Any old project of yours or something, even with only one sensor, would be nice to take a look at.

Thanks in advance.
Simmi

dsp_redux

Joined Apr 11, 2009
I once used a dsPIC4033F who could do that with ease. Aquire the data from the sensor and transfer them to an EEPROM and that's about it. Do you need further guidance or only pointers?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
You may even be able to get a lot of it done already searching out Model Rocket Telemetry boards already made. I'm sure if you hit some model rocketry forums you could find some open source boards you could just add a couple things too.

simmi

Joined Dec 29, 2009
I once used a dsPIC4033F who could do that with ease. Aquire the data from the sensor and transfer them to an EEPROM and that's about it. Do you need further guidance or only pointers?

If you could guide me a little more it would be greatly appreciated :)

This dsPOC4033F, I cannot find anything about it.

Thanks

Tahmid

Joined Jul 2, 2008
Hi simmi,
You could try doing that with an 8-bit micro like PIC18 or PIC16 and then transfer the figures to EEPROM or flash memory. The most important part are the sensors.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
If you could guide me a little more it would be greatly appreciated :)

This dsPOC4033F, I cannot find anything about it.

Thanks
I think he meant a DSPIC33fxxxxxxx
like http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?dDocName=en537162

In which case I would recommend getting an explorer 16 development board from MC. This way you could develop for PIC24F, PIC24H, DSPIC30, DSPIC33, and PIC32 chips. When designing the project I'm working on I planed on using a PIC32, then a bit into it I realized it was just too over kill. I could get a pic24f for $2 a chip that would still be overkill, so I just swapped out the plug in chips and I was back to work with the new cheap chip. This will also give you something real you can program and play with and see how it all works.