Wats a clock IC

playstation.aneesh

Joined Jan 8, 2008
I had recently given ma mobo for service ...an asus kind.... dont remember the model number..... i get the mobo led green...the processor fan runs ...but NO POST WICH NATURALLY MEANS NO VIDEO ON MONITOR..... HAVE TESTED the RAm.........its an issue with the motherboard...gave it at the HCL PC service centre ...the guy said " a clock ic " is damagedd and has to be replaced....

so Wats a clock ic ...i need pictures of it..jus to get an exposure of the component in my motherboard...

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
There are different types of clock IC. The main difference between the clock IC and others will be the number on it. Did your friendly and helpful service representative give the clock IC type or number?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The cost of the IC itself may vary widely, but it's likely to be under $20, and even more likely to be under $5. Try this search:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine...OriginalKeyword=clock+ic&Ntk=Mouser_Wildcards

The expensive part will be the labor to replace the IC. Unsoldering and soldering SMT devices is not exactly a trivial task. It's possible to do with hobbyist-type tools if one is experienced and very careful, but it's painstaking work. The odds of an inexperienced person successfully replacing a SMT device are very poor.

playstation.aneesh

Joined Jan 8, 2008
yeah its done....now the computeer starts and i get the display ..POST successfull....He charged me 1250 Rs ( 35$ ) for servicing and replacing the clock ic