Water Car (NOT HHO[I think...])

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The article state this
The water electrical generator is located in the back of the car and when water is poured it is then broken down in order to create electricity to power the car. Imagine what such a generator could do to the oil industry, the nuclear plants and the electrical grid.
And how is the water broken down. I would like to know that small detail.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
The first article says you can run it on two cans of soda. It didn't state however how you are going to keep all the flies and honey bees away from it in the summer :D

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I am sure flies and honey bees. Will see that it is scam. And keep away from it. If not just use low fat extra diet soda (sparkling water) Fill up with one litre with water. And off you go in 80 kmh for and hour.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I think it is the typical overunity scam some idiot in the press has bought into. They probably start getting comments pointing to the pile on the kitchen floor, so the story stayed up (typical) while the comments were closed (and hidden).

It is a scam.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
That journo needs firing. From the URL on the car:
Website closed over 2 years before the article.
Thank you for visiting our website.
We at GENEPAX have strived to develop new technologies to enable environment friendly energy systems, to mitigate environmental risks such as those posed by global warming. The systems that we have proposed have received warm words of support from many people. However, we have yet to overcome the many obstacles we face in the current world, to bring our systems to market. Moreover, the costs of development have become very large. As our resources are very limited, we need to retrench and reassess our resources and our development plans at this time, and we are accordingly closing our website.
We express our deep gratitude for the supportive messages we have received. We hope that you will continue to be supportive of efforts to develop cleaner and more environment friendly energies, and we will continue to strive to develop systems to preserve our environment.

February 10th, 2009
Yasuyuki Takahashi
Representative Director
GENEPAX

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
websites cost almost nothing...
True and you get what you pay for. If all you require is the occasional email support and not concerned with uptime or bandwidth, the almost nothing sites could be for you. If uptime is important, you'll pay a little more.

You will notice the website is still active ... the money for the research has reached it's nadir, so those activities ceased. Someone will "read the website" and "invest into the company". After all, Man's Incredulity never ceases to amaze me.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Empty aluminum cans which are put into a pool of water(containing sodium hydroxide) will release LARGE amounts of hydrogen gas. There are actually people who have designed systems to run small gasoline engines(like lawn mowers) on the hydrogen gas.

Is this a replacement technology for gasoline/oil? Not even close.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Empty aluminum cans which are put into a pool of water(containing sodium hydroxide) will release LARGE amounts of hydrogen gas. There are actually people who have designed systems to run small gasoline engines(like lawn mowers) on the hydrogen gas.

Is this a replacement technology for gasoline/oil? Not even close.
That's horrible, because it takes huge amounts of energy to refine aluminum. Usually this is OK because it is like 99% recyclable or something. Not to mention that NaOH is serious stuff, it will mess you up.
I know a guy that had his hand dipped in it in an industrial accident, the skin shrank so much from dehydration that you could see the bones.

Google and you will find nasty images.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I remember an article where you would buy aluminum sheets for a car battery. 6 sheets and then you'd have to replace the electrolyte, the old stuff would be sent to be recycled and make more aluminum sheets. It's just a transport mechanism, just like gasoline or hydrogen.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
What you say about the recycling may be true, but gasoline doesn't burn your skin off when you spill it on you.
Of course theres still lead acid batteries...
OH well, I still don't think it's a good idea...