Watch the ice!

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I am not the brightest bulb on the tree. I admit it. ;)

When traversing ice, DO NOT keep your hands in your pockets!

I did just that, and slipped.

2 elbows and 1 head SMACKED the ice at a high rate of speed.

PLEASE be careful.

I am in some pain.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
That for being tall and skinny! If your had moved your friends now and then (the weights),maybe your muscles would be so big that you ripped your pockets out, and could protect yourself. :)

But then again, what are painkillers for?

I did the same yesterday, moving snow at work. The feet said wosh, and was suddenly in level with my head, and smack down on the left side. Tried to protect myself with the left hand/arm but this went "out back". Not so good. :(

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I spent an enjoyable 10 minutes watching an idiot in a 4WD Jag trying to get up the road. It's snow covered but no-one else seemed to be having any problems in 2WD cars. This guy's strategy was to get the revs real high then spin all 4 wheels while going nowhere, then put it in reverse and do the same thing. I expect to see it in a wall next time I go for a walk.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Where I live, I have to travel 2 hours to see snow, so if I fall it will be with consent.
But I 've had the same accident a couple of time in my village during cold winters.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Thank you.

It hurts to type.

ouch.

It is amazing how much we use our elbows.. Just before this, I was considering having mine removed. ;)

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Yep. That hurts, a LOT.

Experience is the best teacher, though. There have been a few times I've parked, stepped out of the car, and had my feet go out from under me. The new antilock brakes let me know it was slippery, but not THAT slippery.

Be glad you didn't break your tailbone!