WAR

Joined Nov 30, 2010
coursara has a lot of good stuff, but can I just read the material or do I have to go through the course at the appointed time and rate?

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
The course on "Linear Circuits" looks good.:

"The course is ideal for someone who wants to gain a basic understanding of electrical circuits, someone who wants to get better intuition for what they have already learned, precocious hobbyists, or for someone who is considering electrical engineering as a career."

I've already decided that I don't want to be an EE;)......(Not enough time); but this course starts in 7 days for anyone interested.

https://www.coursera.org/course/circuits

ActivePower

Joined Mar 15, 2012
I took a couple of courses on Coursera this fall. I had signed up for more before but barely ended up doing just the two. I found the experience pretty enjoyable, overall.

#12: That depends on the instructor and the university administering the course. Most of the ones I've taken release course materials weekly (although they do early releases sometimes).
That being said, one course instructor (Competitive Strategy, IIRC), however, released all the course materials at the outset.

In any case, some courses also offer 'Previews' in which you can access full content from when the course was last offered.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
If you like free education and can understand indian accent, there's loads of more free lectures on a variety of topics here.

NPTEL Channel List:
Aerospace Engineering
Biotechnology
Chemical Engineering
Chemistry and Biochemistry
Computer Science and Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Textile Engineering
Physics
Automobile Engineering
Mathematics