Wanting 12v 7ah instead of 12v 1ah

skyhorse33

Joined Jan 5, 2012
Hello to all, I joined the forum a little over a year ago and I have never posted. So this is my first post and I hope I am doing it correctly. I want to purchase a wireless IP camera. The camera calls for a 12 volt 1 ah battery. I would like to know if I could use a 12 volt 7 ah instead and not damage the camera. I have 4 or 5 7 ah batteries that I use for deer feeders. If not is there a way to reduce the amps on the 7 ah batteries?

skyhorse33

Joined Jan 5, 2012
Thanks Shagas, For my answer and the Education. Even though I am approaching 70 my mind still works a little. You have a Great Day.

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
Thanks Shagas, For my answer and the Education. Even though I am approaching 70 my mind still works a little. You have a Great Day.
I can't tell if you are being ironic or not :D

Nevertheless the answer is
12 volts is the important part . more ah just means that the battery is going to last longer

In any case , you are welcome :)

skyhorse33

Joined Jan 5, 2012
No, I am not being ironic at all, I am grateful for your help in suggesting that I read the info you told me to. It answered my question and explains it to me in a very clear way. Also reading about OHMs law was very helpful. One tends to forget those sometime simple things.